I need a fast growing flower for a timelapse

Name
Peter Francis
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I'm wanting to know what the fastest growing flower I can use for a timelapse.More of a flower bud which is yet to flower.Any ideas?

Well depending on when you are planning do this but a Day Lily might be worth considering???

If you go to a garden centre now you will fined pot grown spring bulbs. You may find some in bud ready to go

My mum had a cactus that only flowered every several years, but when it did it was so fast you could actually sit and watch it. Dont remember the category but i am sure google know. Btw it was a pink flower.

My mum had a cactus that only flowered every several years, but when it did it was so fast you could actually sit and watch it. Dont remember the category but i am sure google know. Btw it was a pink flower.

Sounds like a night blooming Cereus. Mum used to have one and spent a couple of late nights hoping for it to bloom in front of her eyes but as is the way, it opened and was over the night she had given up on seeing it!

Dandelions, no sooner have I mowed the lawn than the feckers are back again

Amaryllis, but its probably too late in the year now for these. My wife always has one at Christmas, plants it in January & flowers in February.

How long were you thinking of doing your time lapse over - within a day, a week? Presumably you will be doing it indoors?
If the answer to the latter is yes and your time span is 1-7 days, then I would go for a stem of lilies. They are a big flower, you normally buy them in bud, and they will open over a week. Tulips, bought in bud, will normally open over 1-3 days, ditto with daffodils.

Back