Beginner I need some info on my camera...

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

New here, I'm just starting out in photography. I have A Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20.

I've been experimenting with the shutter speeds it offers.. longest being 8secs which, by the looks is the longest it offers.. For some shots I've needed longer. 8 secs just didnt cut it.

My question is thus; if I get a remote shutter release (with lock button) will this give me a longer shutter speed or will it still be 8 seconds ?

I have no bulb option on my camera.

Thanks in Advance.

Chris J

I dont know the FZ20, does it have a night sky option in the scene modes, my little LZ10 compact can go to 15/30/60 seconds in that mode

I've found the following info:

"Night Scenery mode uses a slow shutter speed to capture the color and detail of evening settings without using the flash. Because of the slow exposure, a tripod is recommended. Night Portrait mode works in the same manner, but utilizes the flash to illuminate the primary subject in the foreground. By using a slow shutter speed and the flash together, the overall scene is more evenly exposed. (The flash mode is fixed at Slow-Sync with Red-Eye Reduction. Portrait subjects should be warned to stay still after the flash, until the shutter is closed.)"

So ... I'll have to try it. Thanks though @Steve B

Back