NSFW I need to seal my butt :(

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
Childish giggle :)

My daughter has knocked the tap on our waterbutt and it is now constantly leaking and needs resealing. What should I use? Sealant? I think it has to be a little flexible.

Green plastic lol

Have you tried tightening up the nut on the back? You might not need to add any sealant, but if you do, any silicone sealant will do it.

Steve.

There will be a rubber washer on the inside or maybe the threaded section has just been knocked off kilter and needs re tightening.

Excellent

I thought it was a push in one that they had loosened. I will tighten it and see (if I can reach)

As said it's usually a rubber washer on the plastic ones, silicon doesn't stick to well to them so look for some other type of sealant. If the butt has cracked around the spigot you could try a weld type repair with a soldering iron.

Has you been on the pop, Yv?

silicon doesn't stick to well to them so look for some other type of sealant.

Boss White or Plumbers Mait would be better but most people don't have those, whereas most households will have some silicone (not silicon) sealant somewhere.

It doesn't need to stick to the plastic (although it will). All it needs to do is form a seal between the nut and the inside surface.

However, the best way is to clean it up and just use the rubber washer.

Steve.

Back