Critique I.O.W. St Catherine's Oratory Sunset

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Just had a week camping on the Isle of Wight. Walked up to this location for sunset one evening, not much cloud cover, but too much rolled in to ruin any ideas of astro. Pleased I took my torch though for a bit of light painting...

St Catherine's Oratory Sunset by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

St Catherine's Oratory Golden Hour by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

St Catherine's Oratory Sunset by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

St Catherine's Oratory Twilight by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking C & C welcome.

#4 is the one that really stands out for me.

That's the one that I'll be coming back for another look.

I quite like No2 with the golden light bathing Oratory nice composition... But No4 wins here for me think it just needs a bit of a key stoning tweak but like the subtle tones and gradients of sunset with the light in the tower(y)

Last time i camped on the IOW was the 1970 pop festival:eek:

Very nice set indeed.
A little too much shadow recovery on the foreground and distant beach in the first for my taste though.
The 4th steals the show though...lovely.

Thanks all, @viv1969 I'd agree with that and will tweak before I print thanks. @69Bonni I don't think the tower is completely upright - possibly like you at the festival 46 years ago...?!

Thanks all, @viv1969 I'd agree with that and will tweak before I print thanks. @69Bonni I don't think the tower is completely upright - possibly like you at the festival 46 years ago...?!
OMG! am i that old:eek:;) I made a pilgrimage 5 years ago and took the wife back to Afton Down (she was singularly unimpressed) Yes come to think of it wasn't upright much:)

Attachments

• Stage.jpg
    Stage.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 12
1st and4th for me, good use of the light and situation. Just the right amount of detail on the tower on the 4th to make it believable.

Back