I think I've got an idea

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
10678173646_db279b263a_z.jpg

And a few more i thought i would share :) All taken in Prague at the end of October :)

10679619095_8f5aa4d575_b.jpg

10678035045_d1dd6dfb38_c.jpg

That is a fabulous staircase in #1; wonderful geometry.

Points of note that occur to me:

- shame about the flare about the handrail

- of the three images, that's the one that I would want to be in monochrome.

Thanks :) I tried it in monochrome and i didn't like it in the same way, the colours from the camera were a lot more neutral but I wanted that incandescent glow to represent it being a lightbulb more :) I'm on the iPad at the moment but will upload a mono one for you to look at and see which is best :)

Awesome staircase in that first one, and a well spotted shot.

Would probably work well in mono, but I like the orange as well, ties in well with the lightbulb theme. [EDIT: crossed posts with you, great minds hey] Likewise the flare, kind of makes sense - like you would have flare if shooting a bare lightbulb.

I would be tempted to give it a small crop at the bottom to cut out the bit of light below the black bar.

first one, excellent :)

Whats up with the dude in the 2nd image on his hands and knees?

Im not sure about the long exposures, maybe a little longer to remove the ghosting altogether - but I like the set, nice work :)

#1 1 is a fantastic shot! The only very small criticisim that a would make is that the staircase just goes off centre a litt right at the very top. I also think your right to leave it in colour.

As Carlh says "What is the dude up to on his hands and knees?":thinking:

Yep, as James said the guy on his knees is a begging for money. Prague has it's fair share of begging and they all kneel like that for hours on hard cobbled streets, their knees must be in a right old state! That shot is on the famous Charles Bridge which is always rife with tourists so plenty of begging goes on along there.

Thanks for the comments too guys, i have to admit i had seen the original shot done before by somebody else i think it was on 500px, i just had no idea it was in a fantastic café we went to. It was a nice moment when i put the 2 together whilst i was there :) It's the Grand Orient Cafe if you ever find yourself in Prague, they serve the best strudel i have ever tasted, so good we went twice! :LOL:

I think i agree with you Carl on number 3, some of the ghosting at the left of the shot could have gone, i would still have ended up with some of people sat at tables though as they were lit quite well in the restaurant! I quite like the ghosting in number 2 though, i'm not the biggest fan of the stationary figures apart from the begger that i'm glad everyone noticed :D As i said before though, the bridge is always busy so there's always going to be some people on it. There was even people on there at 6am when i tried for an empty bridge shot :LOL:

Wow, the first photo is brilliant. In my opinion, it would be wonderful in BW. Great job dude.

1 for me

Whilst there is obvious potential for a mono version - your idea of 'idea' (which I really like) is the key to this shot and the coloured glow is required imho.

First is an excellent and strong image using graphic shapes and lines, it overshadows the other two by quite some margin.

The first one is great. I would have to have it on my wall. I keep looking at it and can't work out how the stairs go at all. I would love to see it in real life.

I would recommend a visit any day Andrew, it's a lovely city in many respects and there's plenty to photograph (i took around 1600 pictures in 6 days :eek: )

If you'd like to see the same staircase from the other way up there is a shot HERE over on 500px, that shot isn't mine so i'll link instead of embed :)

No 1 is superb:)

Back