I think offering a cheap product is most important for an editor! What would your priority be?

I think offering a cheap product is most important for an editor! What would your priority be?

• Cheap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High Quality

• Consistent

• Quick turn around

• Other (leave a comment)

• I shouldn't be doing market research for my business on the forum, as it's against the rules

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 89208

Does everyone always look for the cheapest on the market? Is this the most important thing?

:police::police::police::police::police:

Most arrange by cheapest tommost expensive and then go from cheap to more expensive until they hit a quality or standard they are happy with. If you can be both the best and cheapest then your golden however there is still a need to be sensible.

Surely you would go for the product that satisfies your requirements. Cost comes further down the line.

Asking a very few (who'll answer) on here is not a good way to do your market research Matt

If it helps though, I know quite a lot of Wedding togs and NONE of them use an external editor

Due to software advances and computers being quicker too I, and most of the togs I know, can edit their own photos in around a day's work, meaning we all have plenty of time to do it if we are full-time Wedding togs; I suspect those requiring editing companies will mostly fall into 2 types

1 - those who are new and don't have the knowledge/equipment to do it themselves, and

2 - those who are working part-time and just haven't got the time spare, but who are also less profit sensitive as they have an additional income source

As you already know the market is saturated with those in poorer countries offering editing at incredibly cheap rates, which I'm guessing you can't (or more likely don't want to) compete with

If there is a higher paying market for editing I suspect that'd be portrait studios where they'd be wanting a more 'fine art' editing style, something they can't do themselves or at least do it quickly enough to make it work; maybe developing a small range of high-end editing styles would suit you better where you'd charge by the image and deliver something as a big printable work of art

Sorry I can't help more but I hope this is useful :)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back