I thought converting RAW files was laborious...

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Been using DaVinci Resolve 17, to edit my videos. I am just getting the hang of it, but converting Video is so tedious, and takes an age. I really would like to get a good colour profile, and simply use video SOOC. Been tweaking the colour balance in camera, and exposure to give near enough what I want.

That editing suite is way above my needs and costs. Looks like it would take a master class first to learn how to use it

Last edited:
It’s free and it’s no harder to use than any other video editor. Most of it you never need touch.

That editing suite is way above my needs and costs. Looks like it would take a master class first to learn how to use it
As already mentioned above, " it is a free program". I am still finding my way around the program, I certainly don't find it intuitive at all.

Just like converting loads of RAW files, takes the enjoyment out of videoing and photography.
I am going to try and stick with SOOC video for now, life is too short.

The versions have moved on a bit since these videos but they should give you a pretty good idea of how things work

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUGnvCXQDPo&list=PLyHr4tji72rUvEooOCYTJVyjIzRcJp3b0
Thanks for that.

I have already looked at a good few videos on how things work. I have tried various colour grading profiles, and the end result does not always look the way I wanted it. So far I have got a colour profile close to what I want, by tweaking the colour profile within the camera.

In order for davinci to look good, you need as flat a profile as possible in camera. If you are adding colour onto existing colour it will break down pretty quick. Think of it as editing a jpg heavily.

It is clear that you have never developed and printed from colour negative film.
I have no interest in developing or printing film, so I have no idea why you would mention it. Or are you trying to be clever, and make me look stupid?

I think he is just making a comparison that making a print from a negative is a very tedious laborious task.

I think he is just making a comparison that making a print from a negative is a very tedious laborious task.
Yes, I was thinking that after I had posted my response. Although, a smiley would have helped. :)

It is clear that you have never developed and printed from colour negative film.

@Mintchocs : I think he is just making a comparison that making a print from a negative is a very tedious laborious task.
@redsnappa On re reading your post again, I probably think @Mintchocs is right, and you were simply making a comparison.
I do apologise for getting your comment wrong. As I said, a smiley would have helped a little. ;)

Back