I want some serious c&c here... water drops.

Edit My Images
No
I did this with my 18-55mm not reversed just a 55mm..

What do you guys think?

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I like the colours and droplets in the first and third ones(y). It looks like the water container has some writing on the bottom of it - do you have one without this as I think it would focus attention onto the droplets/colour more.

Last edited:
I like the colours and droplets in the first and third ones(y). It looks like the water container has some writing on the bottom of it - do you have one without this as I this it would focus attention onto the droplets/colour more.
Haha, i was hoping no one would notice the writing but it's so obvious, yeaah, i'm gonna look for a clearer bowl next time :p

I like your water drops and I think that you have captured them really well, nicely in focus. On all of them, I find the material background a really distraction. Because you can look at the cloth weave and creases, it draws my eye away from your main focus.

Try coloured film over light and think about different ways you can get your colours.

Good try though(y)

number 3 for me like the way the light has caught the edges of the drops.

Michael

i'm sorry, but the viewpoint doesn't do a lot for me, you lose some of the shape of the splashes, and i find the materials distracting too.
If i had to pick the best it would be 1, but the light just on one side and the camera angle could be better to show more of the shape
sorry if this comes across negatively, but you askd for honest crit
cheers
marcus

Well, I like them all. The textured background provided a neat variation to what is a tried and tested theme.
And yes, I've tried the droplet thing and it's not as easy as it looks!

xSitara™;1341608 said:
Oh my god, these are so rubbish.. my worst shots yet lol!

No they're not! I like them! ;) I think 1 and 3 for me. They are different to the usual water droplet shots because of the material backgrounds. Good on you for trying!

Kev.

xSitara™;1342509 said:
The quality is so bad, i could do better. THey're dull!

Don't be so hard on yourself Salma, these are really rather good :)

I especially like the first one, it's nicely lit and quite different for a water droplet photo. I also like 3 & 4. The ones where the material is very obvious aren't quite so appealing imo but certainly none of them are dull :)

Don't be so hard on yourself Salma, these are really rather good :)

I especially like the first one, it's nicely lit and quite different for a water droplet photo. I also like 3 & 4. The ones where the material is very obvious aren't quite so appealing imo but certainly none of them are dull :)

Lol well thanks alot, i think they'd look better with macro lens also i should try different angles.

xSitara™;1342592 said:
Lol well thanks alot, i think they'd look better with macro lens also i should try different angles.

Possibly but it's how we all improve. Try an idea, see the result at see how it could be done differently / better. You should be pleased with these :)

Grendel, i guess what bothers me is the focus, i mean it's not completely focused on the crowns.

I can see what you mean but that's always going to be incredibly difficult with this kind of shot. I think what you're seeing is also more DOF effect than mis-focusing :)

The focus seems to be on the material and not the water and a lower angle, as previously stated, is needed to give more impact.

I would love to give you some tips but wouldnt know where to start as this well away from what I normally do but in my humble opinion number 3 is superb

Back