ID-11 negs denser than expected

Name
Mads
Edit My Images
Yes
I was under the impression that D76 and ID-11 were essentially the same, so I got some ID-11.
Even though I'm using the times on the massive dev chart, as I would with D76, I've noticed that the negatives are consistently denser and more contrasty, making scanning a bit more difficult.
Has anyone else noticed similar results, and how best to overcome it? Less agitation, shorter dev time?

TIA

I was under the impression that D76 and ID-11 were essentially the same, so I got some ID-11.
Even though I'm using the times on the massive dev chart, as I would with D76, I've noticed that the negatives are consistently denser and more contrasty, making scanning a bit more difficult.
Has anyone else noticed similar results, and how best to overcome it? Less agitation, shorter dev time?

TIA

there was a time when the formulation was identical. and published in the BJp almanac, however that has not been true for some time, as some of the basic chemical like metol and hydroquinone have been substituted. and I am told, vary from batch to batch.

If you want to be entirely consistent it would be safer to make up your own to the original formulae. which is very easy and probably cheaper in the long run. As the base chemical keep well dry and unmixed. You can get cheap very accurate digital scales.

Last edited:
there was a time when the formulation was identical. and published in the BJp almanac, however that has not been true for some time, as some of the basic chemical like metol and hydroquinone have been substituted. and I am told, vary from batch to batch.

If you want to be entirely consistent it would be safer to make up your own to the original formulae. which is very easy and probably cheaper in the long run. As the base chemical keep well dry and unmixed. You can get cheap very accurate digital scales.
Where from?

Back