ID Confirmation please. *Confirmed*

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I think that this is a Mediterranean Gull but there are a couple of things about it that make me have doubts ... what do you think?

View attachment 105160

I agree Roger.....................definitely a gull! :D

I struggle with gulls (like many other birds :D) but I would say, after looking on the internet, it looks like a Mediterranean Gull, possibly an older juvenile/young adult with having the black tail??

What makes you think otherwise Roger?

What makes you think otherwise Roger?

The black head going down the back further than the Black-headed Gull and the white above & below the eye shout Mediterranean Gull but the black tips to the wings and the lack of a black tip to the beak have me wondering.

It is not the Black Headed Gull who's
black area doesn't reach so far back.

It is not the Black Headed Gull who's
black area doesn't reach so far back.
Yes I agree Daniel, it's just the black wing tips and lack of a black beak tip that puzzles me. :)

Med. gulls have all white wings. If people are posting pictures of gulls with black in the wings, they are not Med. gulls.

It's a 2nd Summer Mediterranean Gull (according to Senior Warden WWT).

Glad that's sorted,then :D Fine shot,Roger.

I've just put up one with my warbler photo asking for ID. It's actually quite interesting reading all the contributions when an ID is questioned.

Got to second John's comment Roger it's a lovely image and really interesting to do some reading on as well as what John said about the comments. Mate I didn't even know of a med gull,so got an education here. many thanks!!

Kiddo any chance of getting more detail into the black head? and I'd like the frame a smidgen down wards,for his/her feet.

Roger cool thank you,I searched high and low and couldn't get a complete ID hence the slow comment on my part

stu

Got to second John's comment Roger it's a lovely image and really interesting to do some reading on as well as what John said about the comments. Mate I didn't even know of a med gull,so got an education here. many thanks!!

Kiddo any chance of getting more detail into the black head? and I'd like the frame a smidgen down wards,for his/her feet.

Roger cool thank you,I searched high and low and couldn't get a complete ID hence the slow comment on my part

stu

Thanks Stu, it's not really a 'show' image so just presented for iD query ... missed focus on its head so it's soft. :)

Thanks Stu, it's not really a 'show' image so just presented for iD query ... missed focus on its head so it's soft. :)
I've spent ages tonight looking at IQ specifically sharpness in images posted here. But, I didn't spot that mate,back to the drawing board huh:rolleyes::D

thanks buddy

Back