ID Help Please

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
This little beut landed about 8 feet away from me while on a wander in Florida. Took me totaly by suprise, got a couple of shots of then off it went.
I hope some of the very knowledgable peeps on here can ID him for me please.

Thanks

2109947957_5827f90152_o.jpg

Looks like one of this years Sparrowhawks to me buddy(y)

hmmm very tricky specially as shot in Florida ! looks like a hawk to me of some description, is definitely not a sparrow hawk, maybe a juvenile coopers hawk ? not 100% familiar with US Birds of prey though !

hmmm very tricky specially as shot in Florida ! looks like a hawk to me of some description, is definitely not a sparrow hawk, maybe a juvenile coopers hawk ? not 100% familiar with US Birds of prey though !

I'm a ****:bonk::bonk:. I never read the pic was taken in Florida. Had a look at my books and a juvinile Sparrowhawk was the closest. The head and underparts are similar but the specled wings don't tie in.

I'll have to read the posts before I reply:bang::bang:

I'm a ****:bonk::bonk:. I never read the pic was taken in Florida. Had a look at my books and a juvinile Sparrowhawk was the closest. The head and underparts are similar but the specled wings don't tie in.

I'll have to read the posts before I reply:bang::bang:

LOL if the bird had been in the UK i would have agreed with you apart from the fact its back is a little light. But you do get oddments in the wild that turn out slightly different than the norm.

Having had a look at Yank Hawks, it could be a Red Shouldered Hawk

Thanks for that.
I was just so suprised when he landed, and as close as he did. He stood about 12-14" of the floor.

Cheerz

I was at the Kennady Space centre, so I had camera in hand wandering about like a kid in a sweet shop!!!

Back