if anyone wants it

Name
scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I will be ordering my new cam very soon so will have a nikon coolpix L120 going begging if anyone wants it. Im not selling it im giving it away. I would like it to go to someone who is starting out so as to spark an interest in photography if at all possible not to someone as a second cam or so you can sell it on. Its about 12 months old works fine 14.1mp and a 21x optical zoom comes with the gubins to connect it to your puter for you to download your pics or videos etc all the specs can be found on the net for it. I will post it out to you when my new one comes ( about two weeks ) so let me know if you know anyone in need.:)

I would love this please.

Im trying to get the Mrs in to photography but she says my d300s is too heavy and that puts her off so this would a good start to spark the fire for her.

Last edited:
It says on your profile you have a D300S so what whould you be doing with this one?

Hi Scott, far be it from me to decide what you do with it. But if it does not go to duttytd, then perhaps keep an eye on the intro`s in the welcome forum and you may get someone who you think would benefit from it. Apologies in advance Anthony I am in no way accusing you of not having a genuine reason for wanting it ;)

As long as i have your word you wont sell it on then its yours BUT if she doesnt get the photography bug you must promise you will give it away free of charge within this forum. If thats ok with you then the cams yours as soon as my new cam comes.

u8myufo said:
Hi Scott, far be it from me to decide what you do with it. But if does not go to duttytd, then perhaps keep an eye on the intro`s in the welcome forum and you may get someone who you think would benefit from it. Apologies in advance Anthony I am in no way accusing you of not having a genuine reason for wanting it ;)

No i understand. Does my first post not say what it would be used for?

pepi1967 said:
As long as i have your word you wont sell it on then its yours BUT if she doesnt get the photography bug you must promise you will give it away free of charge within this forum. If thats ok with you then the cams yours as soon as my new cam comes.

Yes I give you my word, I wouldn't do that but I can see your concern. Thanks a lot and im sure she will appreciate it.

It will be nice to spend some time teaching her now so thanks again.

No problem at all duttytd im sure she will have lots of fun with it. Send me a pm with your postal addy and as soon as my canon turns up i will post it out to you

pepi1967 said:
No problem at all duttytd im sure she will have lots of fun with it. Send me a pm with your postal addy and as soon as my canon turns up i will post it out to you

PM on the way...

Did i hear right... Your going from nikon to canon? :-O

lol sorry to say yes i am. It will be my first dslr and jesops were doing a deal on a twin lens kit so im ordering one of those. Had a play with the cam im ordering a friend has one and it just feels right so i bit the bullet so to speak lol.

Got your pm duttytd and your welcome

pepi1967 said:
lol sorry to say yes i am. It will be my first dslr and jesops were doing a deal on a twin lens kit so im ordering one of those. Had a play with the cam im ordering a friend has one and it just feels right so i bit the bullet so to speak lol.

Lol i was the oppersit to you, i started canon and built up a nice army of lenses including 24-70 2.8L 70-200 2.8L and had 100mm 2.8L and many others and went in to jessops one day for a rocket blower and ended up walking out with a nikon d300s, 16-85 and a sb-900... Expensive day for me that was lol

Almost lost my hands too as the Mrs nearly chopped them off when i got home with a mischievous smile on my face and a jessops bag full of goodies.

lmao i agree jessops is the road to financial ruin you just have to convince her you NEED it you dont want it you just NEED it. Works for me well sort of last time i went to jessops i had to buy the wife a fridge to make it fair. i only bought a tripod hows that fair lol.

pepi1967 said:
lmao i agree jessops is the road to financial ruin you just have to convince her you NEED it you dont want it you just NEED it. Works for me well sort of last time i went to jessops i had to buy the wife a fridge to make it fair. i only bought a tripod hows that fair lol.

Haha that really don't sound fair to me!

Nah dont worry about that duttytd as long as your wife posts some pics we will call it quits:) talking about pics ive posted one in the forums wildlife section take a butchers and you will see its not a bad little cam at all.

pepi1967 said:
Nah dont worry about that duttytd as long as your wife posts some pics we will call it quits:) talking about pics ive posted one in the forums wildlife section take a butchers and you will see its not a bad little cam at all.

You really are a star! I will make sure she does post pics up. She said thanks a lot for it and she is really grateful... She also agreed to come to a tp meet and shoot rather then sit there and watch me shoot lol.

fantastic(y)

Hey guys, that's a mighty fine offer for anyone on the forum. A very nice gesture and I hope your wife is as excited with it as you were when you got your new D300s.

If only there were other people in life with so much generosity.

modchild said:
Hey guys, that's a mighty fine offer for anyone on the forum. A very nice gesture and I hope your wife is as excited with it as you were when you got your new D300s.

If only there were other people in life with so much generosity.

Im sure she will be, she said to me earlier i best teach her properly and not teach her crap because im scared her pics will be better then mine lol... Damn my plan has been figured out.

I hope you still get it, and it is still available.

Giving away a £130 camera to someone anonymously on the internet is a generous act and a stroke of luck.

One this is for certain - I wouldn't, on the grounds that £50 on ebay is better than been thought of as a good egg on TP.

Unfortunately I was out today and when I got home I had a card waiting for me telling me I can go and collect the camera tomorrow for my better half. We both cannot wait to get out together and get shooting. Hopefully this will bring back the enjoyment of snapping and let it become an enjoyment rather then work again.

Ahh nice one Pepi (Scott). (y)
Anyone else feeling as generous? My son has just buggered up his Fuji bridge. :(

So the camera arrived yesterday and you should have seen Danielle face (the mrs) anyone would have thought it was Xmas. She will be joining the forum very soon and will be uploading pictures.

Thanks a lot for this matey it really is appreciated.
The camera is a fantastic camera for her. It fits her hands just right and I also really appreciate you sending it with batteries.

Tony.

What wonderful people we have on this forum. This made me smile.

Back