IF NEW - READ THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tash -- may be able to help you out with some studio flash gear if you can come to Brentwood Photographic Club one Friday 1945-2200 hrs in Friends' Meeting House SHENFIELD, 200 yds west from Shenfield Station -- I gave some FREE to a member from another member who died and I don't think he uses it.

Pete, I'm afraid Tash only made 2 posts on here, both in this thread, and was last seen on the forum in early January, so I doubt you'll get a reply...

Oh well -- another one I tried to help-- my Wife tells me off for helping 'Beginners' -- I remember when I was Secretary of Barking Photographic Society and I tried desperatly to get 'Younger Members' and there was a Photography Student who said she would come on a coach trip I organised then was NOT at the meeting point so I diverted a 56 seater coach to her house in Chadwell Heath Romford and knocked on the door to be told by her Mum " She is still in BED " ----

Hi All,
I am very new to photography but very excited to be starting my journey.
I live in Glasgow and have been here for nearly 4 years, before that I was in Manchester and originally Derby.
Looking forward to learning all I can from you all.

Matthew

Morning people im Lee down in Cornwall new to photography working with a nikon D3200......... purchased at christmas and been enjoying life behind the lens...... did post a hello but doesnt seem to be available to others from what i Can see??? Has a little glasses icon next to it so not sure if ive done something wrong

Hhhmmmm ok maybe im just not liked enough to get any replies.......
I feel like an outcast

the welcome section isn't at it's busiest late evening or early morning to be honest Lee... Most of the membership, if they are logged in, will be checking their old posts, or making new ones - give it a couple of hours ;)

Better still - post some pictures in one of the sharing areas - that'll definitely get a response.

Ooohhhh i duno about that lol i dont wanna get torn to shreds in the lions dwn lol I am only a newbie ha

I will give it a go lol where can i find it?? As im new to the whole forum thing too

Last edited:
Morning people im Lee down in Cornwall new to photography working with a nikon D3200......... purchased at christmas and been enjoying life behind the lens...... did post a hello but doesnt seem to be available to others from what i Can see??? Has a little glasses icon next to it so not sure if ive done something wrong
Hi Lee. The glasses icon means that you're "watching" that particular thread. Meaning if you click on the "Watched Thread" link at the top of the page (in the light blue navigation bar), it will show you a list of threads you're "watching" that have new posts in them since you last visited. All posts you start automatically become watched. Other people's posts you've commented on are also watch. Or you can watch a thread by clicking "Watch Thread" on the top right corner of each thread.

Sorry if that's more info than you need. :p Also welcome to TP! I'm a newbie here myself, and also new to dslr photography (I've not even bought my camera yet lol.)

Thanks for the info im also a forum newbie lol but was pointed here by a friend of mine so apologies for my stupid questions which will no doubt be in the thousands lol

Hi All,

I'm new, been taking photos for about a year - looking forward to becoming part of the community!

Tb

Hi everyone new to forums and photography
Got a Nikon d3200 looking forward to learning all I can on here

Hello all.
I'm from Horwich near Bolton and new to the forum and photography.
My wife has just bought me a 'Canon EOS 1200D' for xmas and I'm raring to get out photographing.
My son and I have been out to 'Pennington Flash nature reserve' in Leigh, greater Manchester a couple of times recently. They have a number of hides with bird feeding stations where I've had a chance to get to grips with my camera equipment.
Now I've got the bug and can't wait for warmer weather and Spring to arrive.

Hi from Fort Assiniboine (a former Hudson's Bay trading post on the Athabasca River in Alberta Canada.) I'm a new member and from the humor and tone in this forum, I feel I have come home after more than 50 years in exile. I look forward to more British humor and more cyber space friends.

Hi ladies and gentlemen.

New member Chris here from York, UK.

Came in search of advice about Fuji's having just written off my Canon 1200d/50mm lens by way of a drop.

Hope to contribute where I can, but in the meantime there's probably an awful lot of reading to be doing.

Best wishes, Chris

Instagram: @c_p

Added myself to the map and there's not many people around here [emoji6]

Hi, Im new here! Could use some general site info :)

Hi Amanda - hope you don't mind - I noticed you posted your "help please folks" message in the "If new read this" thread - to be honest this thread is more of a "heads up" kind of notice, than a general "say hello" kind of thing, so you're unlikely to actually get many/any replies...

Here's a few helpful pointers to get you started on here...

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

and to be honest folks - this thread was never intended to be a on-going "say hello" thread, so I'm now going to close it for replies.... if you want to say hello, start your own thread in the "welcome section" - there's a big button at the top of the screen (on the pc/browser version of the site... can't remember how the phone apps deal with it) that says "Post New Thread" - click that and fill in the form that appears... A good title would be something that gives some idea of your location - say "Hi - New member from West Yorkshire here..." or something like that...

Say hello - we're pretty friendly, and promise we won't bite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back