if you were my....

That safe place where you keep everything that's important.

Stuffed in a cupboard with the rest of my photographic crap.

Under the chair.

the last place you'll look...

Why do people say it's always in the last place you look? Of course it is. You don't carry on looking after you have found it!

Anyway, I have discovered a foolproof method of finding lost items. Simply buy a replacement and the original will reveal itself very soon.

Steve.

I was being sarcy. It's become somewhat of a "ba dum tish" joke phrase that people say it'll be in the last place you look.

I lost mine once (40d the same) wasn't where I usually put it, My Mrs hadn't touched it, nowhere to be found.
Fortunately I had a couple of spare fully charged batteries so I ordered a new charger.
Came a few days later, unwrapped it, went to plug it in under my desk and guess what I found?

In the same place as my laptop charger :(

Give us a yell if you find them.

In the drawer with all the chargers apart from the 2 universal ones that are usually used?

The one that gets me is "Now when did you last see it?"

If I knew that it wouldn't be bloody lost would it! :)

Last edited:
I can only advise look everywhere again.

I lost my own 40D charger a few weeks ago and had turned the place upside down looking for it. I was asked if it was in my camera bag and having looked I said no....plus I never keep it there.

Don't need to be a genius to realise where I found it. :(

in the cupboard of doom!!! Want a charger for a 1997 nokia... probably one in there...

In the fridge.

I'm amazed at how often things turn up in the fridge. Presumably I've been carrying something for some reason, and I fancy a cup of coffee, and I go to get the milk out of the fridge, and I have to put down the thing I'm carrying...

In the fridge.

I'm amazed at how often things turn up in the fridge. Presumably I've been carrying something for some reason, and I fancy a cup of coffee, and I go to get the milk out of the fridge, and I have to put down the thing I'm carrying...

I used to sleepwalk as a teenager and would put butcher knives in the fridge.....my parents worried :)

I don't know, but when it turns up, can you ask it if it has seen the Sky remote control for our downstairs TV which seems to have vanished up its own orifice since yesterday... and yes, we have checked down the back of the sofa, several times, just in case ;)

In a dog? (@Yv!)

in the most obscure place you just know it wouldn't be

(Got a spare from my 5D you can borrow if you are anywhere near Cambridge)

I can only advise look everywhere again.

My children always claim to have looked everywhere. I told them that if they have looked everywhere, they would have found it.

When my children were younger, it was always their shoes for school which they couldn't find one of. Why do they never put both of them in the same place? I would find one in the cupboard under the stairs and the other in the bathroom or some other combination of non-adjacent locations.

Steve.

WHy don't you just phone it and list...... oh hang on.....

My children always claim to have looked everywhere. I told them that if they have looked everywhere, they would have found it.

When my children were younger, it was always their shoes for school which they couldn't find one of. Why do they never put both of them in the same place? I would find one in the cupboard under the stairs and the other in the bathroom or some other combination of non-adjacent locations.

Steve.

Sorry dad......... :coat:

I lost mine once (40d the same) wasn't where I usually put it, My Mrs hadn't touched it, nowhere to be found.
Fortunately I had a couple of spare fully charged batteries so I ordered a new charger.
Came a few days later, unwrapped it, went to plug it in under my desk and guess what I found?

Ooh ooh gazedds charger?

In a dog? (@Yv!)

:LOL: probably not in them but I have had a check through dog baskets and a wonder round the garden but nothing so far. The dogs do like to 'move' things around but its usually soft items like cushions or small items of laundry, the odd leather shoe, but never known them to fancy anything more rigid. First time for everything though I guess. Mind you, having 2 boxes and ergo 2 remotes means @Yves Geza doesn't have to endure the hardship of changing channels by standing up and walking the 3 paces to the TV, he is just walking round carrying the single remote with him. :rolleyes:

When my children were younger, it was always their shoes for school which they couldn't find one of.

But not their trainers for going out at weekends, I guess! Sounds like your kids aren't stupid! :whistle:

While we're looking for gaze's charger, has anyone seen our Sky remote? Yv is getting really fed up every time I make her walk over to the TV and change channel and my throat's getting sore with all the shouting!

ETA - oops! Seems I've told the truth while she tried to play down the absolute horror of our situation! ;)

Last edited:
Permission to swear?

I've found it. I had a brain fart and thought I would look in the drawer with my console games. I wasn't there but my camera bag was in front of me, and, well... erm, it was at the bottom tangled up with my link cable.

rage_face.jpg

:LOL: probably not in them but I have had a check through dog baskets and a wonder round the garden but nothing so far. The dogs do like to 'move' things around but its usually soft items like cushions or small items of laundry, the odd leather shoe, but never known them to fancy anything more rigid. First time for everything though I guess. Mind you, having 2 boxes and ergo 2 remotes means @Yves Geza doesn't have to endure the hardship of changing channels by standing up and walking the 3 paces to the TV, he is just walking round carrying the single remote with him. :rolleyes:

Another good way of finding things is to put your hands around your stepdaughter's throat! You don't even have to squeeze before she "suddenly remembers" and brings the remote control from her bedroom "floordrobe"! :banghead:

Funny how i've stumbled across this thread...only today i realised i'd left my charger at work. Which happens to be closed until next Monday. Doh.

Back