Ilford at the Photography Show

Peter B

Double Numpty
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Just had an email saying that they will be launching 3 new products at the show, but no further details. It also confirms some special show prices, so remember that plastic card. ;)

Last time I went, "special prices" equated to about 20% over RRP, so I would also take your price-checking-apps too!

(Edit to add - this wasn't the Ilford stand, it was another film seller)

Who's going on Saturday?

Sunday here.

Well in an excellent twist of fate I shall now be attending the show tomorrow.

2021-09-19-hp5at800-mp-03.jpg

Had fun yesterday, thanks guys.
Have a NSFW version of this on Instagram that includes 2 more letters. :)

Thought the Ilford pop-up darkroom was a great idea for anyone who finds dark bags a hassle, or wants to try printing. They've also launched a mini home-developing kit which I think they tried in the past. Didn't look to see what was inside it, but if they include the periphery you can work around like film drying clips and graduated cylinders, it'll probably be overpriced...

I did chuckle at that @Harlequin565
I bought one of the new products, the "12 Days of Film" advent calendars, intending it to be a present for my niece who I've encouraged into film togging. But looking at it this morning, I though "Hang On, there's a challenge there: Expose a different type of film every month for a year - a 12 months of film challenge. " So I'm keeping it.

I bought one of the new products, the "12 Days of Film" advent calendars, intending it to be a present for my niece who I've encouraged into film togging. But looking at it this morning, I though "Hang On, there's a challenge there: Expose a different type of film every month for a year - a 12 months of film challenge. " So I'm keeping it.

Does it say what films are inside? I think it's set to retail at £85 and Ilford have said it will be cheaper than buying the contents seperately. The review I read said it had 11 rolls of film inside, which would coincide with the different Ilford and Kentmere brands available, but I don't know what would be in the 12th window (unless a duplicate roll)?

Given the individual price of stuff like Delta 3200, Ortho Plus, and SFX, it probably works out cost effective (assuming you want to shoot all the different stocks).

Charming. Buy a present for someone, decide it's too good for them and keep it for yourself, then, presumably, go out an buy them some tat you wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Merry Christmas :);):);)

Does it say what films are inside? I think it's set to retail at £85 and Ilford have said it will be cheaper than buying the contents seperately. The review I read said it had 11 rolls of film inside, which would coincide with the different Ilford and Kentmere brands available, but I don't know what would be in the 12th window (unless a duplicate roll)?

Given the individual price of stuff like Delta 3200, Ortho Plus, and SFX, it probably works out cost effective (assuming you want to shoot all the different stocks).
(Deleted - not paying attention. Nothing useful to say....Nothing to see here... These aren't the droids you're looking for...)

Last edited:
It doesn't say anywhere outside, you have to open all the advent-calendar type windows to find out, and I don't want to spoil the surprise. There are some stickers with it that are for FP4, PanF, SFX, Delta400, XP2-400, Delta100, HP5, Delta3200 so that gives a good clue I guess.
Charming. Buy a present for someone, decide it's too good for them and keep it for yourself, then, presumably, go out an buy them some tat you wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Merry Christmas :);):);)
Abso-bleedin'-lutely! These teenagers don't know they're born these days, I might just give her a photo of a bowl of gruel instead. Or buy another Ilford 12 days of film...

They’re aiming for sub £250 for the darkroom, which would be cheaper than a new large Harrison tent and easier to load sheet film in. I could see myself buying one for making contact sheets/prints at home.

They’re aiming for sub £250 for the darkroom, which would be cheaper than a new large Harrison tent and easier to load sheet film in. I could see myself buying one for making contact sheets/prints at home.
It was offered at £200 (show price) and they had a small camp table in there with the intrepid enlarger on it. I wouldn't want to try and make big prints in it but 8x10 contact sheets/prints should be very doable (depending on your choice of enlarger)

Just a heads-up that the new darkroom features in this month's Photography Online show at about the 12 minute mark, between a fleeting glimpse of the Intrepid and Chroma stands. There's an Analogue Wonderland piece a bit later, and then a brief look at a kickstarter Insta camera & darkroom set-up.

View attachment 330588

Had fun yesterday, thanks guys.
Hokay...

If that's a stand promoting Ilford film, paper and chemistry, why is the guy using a digital display to support his talk when he could have lots of big sample prints to show what can be done? :thinking:

Hokay...

If that's a stand promoting Ilford film, paper and chemistry, why is the guy using a digital display to support his talk when he could have lots of big sample prints to show what can be done? :thinking:

It's the Analog Spotlight stand by the looks of it, not Ilford's stand (see @Peter B 's post above for that one). I didn't attend the show, but I presume there were a lot of people giving different presentations on a variety of analogue photography subjects, so a digital display is the obvious choice.

It's the Analog Spotlight stand by the looks of it, not Ilford's stand (see @Peter B 's post above for that one). I didn't attend the show, but I presume there were a lot of people giving different presentations on a variety of analogue photography subjects, so a digital display is the obvious choice.
Indeed, looks like Paul from Analogue Wonderland in the pic?

Hokay...

As above, the photo of Paul was taken during one of his talks on the main Analogue Spotlight stand. Ilford had their own stand next to us.

Back