Photography Show 2021 18th-21st September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone from here going?

Bought tickets for the Monday with the 30% discount for previous attendees.
Think they might want to see vaccination proof or require a lateral flow test to enter.

Can't see it being any more risky than going shopping, probably less so.

Strongly thinking about going. Managed to transfer my unused flights from last year from Belfast to this September. I Think I'll book a cancellable hotel room and play it by ear. I won't be handling the equipment though, just listening to and watching the presentations so it won't be the usual experience for me.

Last edited:
I don't have proof that I've had both jabs :thinking:
Mike, If you download the NHS Covid app, you can use it to generate a proof of jabs certificate or QR code.

Thinking of going this year for the first time in a long time.

I am not planning to go this time though I have evidence of vaccinations. I only tend to go when I want to buy something. I bought new kit last December so do not need anything now.

Dave

I received an email from the photography show this afternoon, at the bottom of the email was this:-

In light of recent Government announcements, we are working closely with the NEC to ensure a good experience for all. Our prerogative is to keep our visitors, exhibitors, speakers and staff safe and as such, we may implement our own Covid-19 policies. We will keep you updated as we get closer to the show.

So has anyone set a day yet? Can't do Tuesday as I'm on my 1st physical work meeting in Leeds...

Mike, If you download the NHS Covid app, you can use it to generate a proof of jabs certificate or QR code.
Not in Scotland....App won't work :(
We can still request a paper certificate online, but can't get a QR code....

Last edited:
Not in Scotland....App won't work :(
We can still request a paper certificate online, but can't get a QR code....

Yet...they're working on it....

Back on topic. I've never been to one of these shows, I kind of know the gear I want so not really fussed about seeing stacks and stacks of stuff on display.

I'd be more inclined to go to an exhibition or something, or go someplace nice for the weekend and take pictures.

Last edited:
@lindsay56 and myself are going on the Sunday, may be we could arrange a specific location and time for a meet up if anyone else is there on Sunday.

Yet...they're working on it....

Back on topic. I've never been to one of these shows, I kind of know the gear I want so not really fussed about seeing stacks and stacks of stuff on display.

I'd be more inclined to go to an exhibition or something, or go someplace nice for the weekend and take pictures.
You could do all three, its not a either or neither choice.

Time is finite. I wouldn't waste mine looking at camera gear. I'd use it, using it.
Everyone's different. I enjoy meeting new people and chatting about my hobby as well as doing it. Plenty of time for the latter.

For the first time ever, I am going to the Photography Show without a list!! I appear to have overcome my GAS and ponder doing the opposite... looking forward to a mooching around the stands though. I haven't booked any talks either.

Make sure you have your COVID-19 pass

The NEC will be implementing COVID-19 status checks at entry points to the building. Please be prepared to show proof of your status on arrival.

Accepted proof of status includes:

• The NHS Covid Pass via the NHS app (note this is different to the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app). Follow these instructions on the NHS website to get your pass. We recommend setting this up at least 48 hours before the show to ensure your records are showing. Certificates from outside England, including Scotland NHS, Wales, Northern Ireland, EU countries - and worldwide will be accepted.
OR

• Proof of immunity (shown by a positive PCR test result) lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test result and following completion of the self-isolation period.
OR

• Negative lateral flow or PCR test results text or email, received within 72 hours prior to attending the event.
If you would prefer not to use the app or don’t have a smartphone you can obtain a NHS COVID-19 Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website.

Forgive the innocent yet naive question. I’ve never been to this (or any other photog. show). Do they usually have decent deals? I’m considering another Z6ii and was curious if the more experienced among you would reckon it’s worth going just for that reason?

Cheers.

Forgive the innocent yet naive question. I’ve never been to this (or any other photog. show). Do they usually have decent deals? I’m considering another Z6ii and was curious if the more experienced among you would reckon it’s worth going just for that reason?

Cheers.

There are usually decent deals, but not on everything so it just depends. Maybe you could get someone to check on the Saturday and if so, go on the Sunday?

Usually people post on TP if there are deals. Hopefully that will happen again this year.

Cheers.
Its also worth getting the sellers there to beat each others prices.

Make sure you have your COVID-19 pass

The NEC will be implementing COVID-19 status checks at entry points to the building. Please be prepared to show proof of your status on arrival.

Accepted proof of status includes:

• The NHS Covid Pass via the NHS app (note this is different to the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app). Follow these instructions on the NHS website to get your pass. We recommend setting this up at least 48 hours before the show to ensure your records are showing. Certificates from outside England, including Scotland NHS, Wales, Northern Ireland, EU countries - and worldwide will be accepted.
OR

• Proof of immunity (shown by a positive PCR test result) lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test result and following completion of the self-isolation period.
OR

• Negative lateral flow or PCR test results text or email, received within 72 hours prior to attending the event.
If you would prefer not to use the app or don’t have a smartphone you can obtain a NHS COVID-19 Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website.
Thanks for the heads up. I will also make sure that my phone is fully charged.

Thanks for the heads up. I will also make sure that my phone is fully charged.

Think I will take the Covid Pass Letter.
Always prefer the paper form if I have it, do it with things like gig and rail tickets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back