Im a low life!!

Edit My Images
No
Why'd you go over there to find that out, we could have told you that here :LOL: ;)

Friendly bunch, arent they?!

:grin:

I think you may've inadvertantly wound them up a bit though. lol.

I hate it when people get all preachy about stuff like this. It's your career choice and people should respect that.

I wonder how many of them would write letters of complaint to the papers editors about the images in the nationals sometimes. Idiots.

Gandhi said:
I think you may've inadvertantly wound them up a bit though. lol.

I hate it when people get all preachy about stuff like this. It's your career choice and people should respect that.

I wonder how many of them would write letters of complaint to the papers editors about the images in the nationals sometimes. Idiots.

Good point, and I didn't wind them up, (tongue firmly placed in cheek).

Gary , you bad bad bad man....

Every time you press the shutter a kitten dies :crying:

;)

mrgubby said:

;)
Ahahahaha, there will be a lot of dead kittens after this weekend then, took about 700 shots.

You made me join that forum Gary..

Have put in a good word for you my lad...:grin:

mrgubby said:

As long as it's not Atomic that's fine :D

Where does it say you're a low life? :cautious: I did see the "talk Bobbins" bit. :LOL:

Good photos btw. :)

your such a trouble maker Gary, fancy earning a living!

Never thought I'd see the day but matty might just be being out pimped by DJW on that thread there now :)

DJW does look to be trying too hard though ;)

lol @ out of focus cover...me?? stalking???

Some very unsubtle pimping there Matty! (y)

Some of those people must live in a fantasy world where nothing distasteful ever happens, if I were in the same situation I would have done exactly as you did.

Well I dont care what they call you over there, I aint joining their forum to post comments;)

However you'll always be popular here(y)

Wonder what they'd say about my work then? You'll never see the shots of the Taleban bodies from the last trip as they're Crown Copyright and being used by the RMP investigation (all contacts are now routinely investigated to ascertain if the shoot was 'legitimate' - no big deal).
But they're all a bit 'Dewhurst' - films (even Saving private Ryan) never really get across the impact of a .50-cal bullet on a man - they just fly apart.
And what was I doing during all of this? Shooting back? Nope - taking photos - it's my job.

I well remember Derek Jameson saying in an interview that he had occasion to fire a photographer who'd been at the Heysel Stadium disaster in Belgium (collapsed railings - lots of people crushed and dead, bit like the Liverpool thing).
He sat in the office waiting for the photos to arrive and when they didn't, phoned the photographer that he knew was covering the match. The phot told him that he'd been too busy helping the injured to take photos. Jameson fired him on the spot.

Even if I were the first person on the scene, my duty is to take the photo first. Then and only if no other help arrives will I assist in the incident itself.

Make your mind up - if you're a photo-journalist, even a part-time one, your job is to record, not be involved. It's not easy and plenty have a hard time dealing with it, but it's the life we choose.

Back