I'm after a nice ...........

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I'm in search of a nice font set to use as a signiture on some of my images, but haven't got the faintest idea of what i'm after :eek:ops:

I have a sort of mental image of something arty but not messy, swirly but still readable..... :shock:

any ideas?

Is long winded but try looking through this site, press the letter buttons and it will show you a ton of fonts and what they look like !

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

I have a cd with thousands of fonts here somewhere ! just need to find it !

In fact scratch that ! type script into the search at the top of that screen !!! it lists all the script fonts for you !

:)

Thanks Ian

[smilie=t:

There are some great fonts kicking round, i've found 3 which i think are well worth a few minutes of playtime in PS. 8)

Have you tried using your own signature?

Write it on a white piece of paper, then take a photo of it.

Then using the magic wand tool, select then inverse selection and delete the background.
Add filters to get the desired effect, then save.

This can now be added to your piccies.

Matt said:

Then using the magic wand tool, select then inverse selection and delete the background.

I sure have...i read digital photo mag too :D

However.....you havent seen my handwritting :shock: :shock:
most times it looks like a spider has fallen in an ink pot and then walked across the paper :LOL:

Matt said:

That's a damn good idea! Might try that out because I have neat handwriting :)

Hello all by the way :) (first post alert)

i used a tablet to do mine, though i havent actually applied it to any images yet../goes back to being a lazy bum

Avoid fancy fonts... it's generally considered to be poor design. Look in magazines, or any well respected publication.. look how they use fonts. Less is more. Don't use any scrolly, cursive type fonts.. they look rubbish, and look unprofessional. Sans serif fonts look neater than serif... just look around for something nice.. just search Google for free fonts and you'll get more than you can shake a stick at.

In my opinion tho, as all you want to do is but a copyright symbol, date and name on your pic, is just use something simple like Ariel, or Helvetica. If you want something different, stick to sans serif, like Century gothic, or Gautami.

Back