I'm sure you hate new film wannabee's but... :-D

F&C Grand tour: Scillies, Devon, IoW, Suffolk, Northumberland, Edinburgh/Borders, Highlands, Outer Hebrides... that would be a thing!

One thing strikes me, there are plenty of photo workshops ("come with me, pay for my accommodation and we'll talk about your photos"), expensive and usually in one area. There are plenty of coach tours where you see lots of places with limited time in any place but where extended time for photography isn't available. But I don't see many photography tours, not necessarly needing an expert for guidance, but going to a wider range of places than we manage in film meets, and providing time and opportunity for a bit of photography. I guess if it's over several days and travel is included, it gets a bit expensive, and since most of us still work it would be hard to get a critical mass, but it's still an idea.

Maybe a weekend like the Loonies do first? I guess for some of the more remote locations (inc Edinburgh and IoW ;)) yo'd pretty much need it...

Mark, Are you sure it is next door? or inside:)

Took me a little while to find it but this was taken about 22 years ago sitting in one of the keepers cottages at Howletts.

The little chap on my knee, Ambam, born 14 April 1990 is now a 220 kg silverback!

Mark

With regard to Edinburgh, I went about a month ago with Easyjet from Gatwick and I think it was £32 each way with hand luggage only - and my Billingham was just the right size for carry on!

Mark

I think we should all just pitch up on Asha's doorstep...

I'll look at having it suitably enlarged :D

(though, i'd probably have the bike with me, rather than the film kit :LOL:)

You can't resist that ride upto the Col de la Bonette can you?:D.... skis, snow shoes, ice axe and rope will be in order now ...not two wheels!:p

I think we should all just pitch up on Asha's doorstep...

I am in March,so looking forward to the week of photography,food and drink. Please excuse the horizons next year.:)

I am in March,so looking forward to the week of photography,food and drink. Please excuse the horizons next year.:)

Shoot digital when pished - makes horizons easier to level (and it doesn't cost when you really screw things up!)
Once driving privileges are restored, I'm going to try to organise a meet or 2 down this end. mainly to put faces to names but no reason not to go for a wander down the canal/river.

Back