I'm sure you hate new film wannabee's but... :-D

The more people we can drag into the asylum section, the more people will buy film and keep it going... In theory (y)

Although it's quite hard loading film with this straitjacket on...

:LOL::LOL: I'm told often i am well suited to Asylums so no issues from me there!

I'm guessing the plan is to get you to a film meet, T, and then you ply Rob with strong drink! :):beer:

I'm guessing the plan is to get you to a film meet, T, and then you ply Rob with strong drink! :):beer:

A film meet would be so much fun, it'd be good to meet all you lovely lot that have helped me (increased my addiction):D I certainly owe him a few that's for sure

Well keep yours eyes open, I'm sure we will be organising something soon, maybe after Christmas. We do have fairly regular meets, there have been at least 4 this year and they do generally end up in the pub.:beer:

Well keep yours eyes open, I'm sure we will be organising something soon, maybe after Christmas. We do have fairly regular meets, there have been at least 4 this year and they do generally end up in the pub.:beer:

Don't you mean start in the pub?!

Oh yeh....I forgot.

now you're addicted they'ill all start trying to sell you film cameras :LOL:

I think you could be right Mr Donut:D i reckon they are a devious lot, encouraging my addiction, not that i'm fighting it at all, infact i had to go out again and shoot another roll today just to feed it:banana:

Well there is the Howletts visit coming up on the 23rd. I already have that one in my diary and will be using film. Are you still planning on going T and will you be using film?

Any more from F&C free to swing the balance towards proper cameras? I can recommend several excellent pubs as I used to live next to the zoo!

Mark

Well there is the Howletts visit coming up on the 23rd. I already have that one in my diary and will be using film. Are you still planning on going T and will you be using film?

Any more from F&C free to swing the balance towards proper cameras? I can recommend several excellent pubs as I used to live next to the zoo!

Mark

Funnily enough i had considered posting to say am i mad to consider shooting Howletts in film.. as it's something i had been thinking all week, it'll be good to meet you.... my only issue is just the 50mm with the pentax is going to limit me to what i can shoot, (i would have been limited with digital too so no biggy really)...

Funnily enough i had considered posting to say am i mad to consider shooting Howletts in film.. as it's something i had been thinking all week, it'll be good to meet you.... my only issue is just the 50mm with the pentax is going to limit me to what i can shoot, (i would have been limited with digital too so no biggy really)...

Howletts is great and in the encloses most are close and you will be able to produce great shots,do not forget that you also have the opportunity with clean well focussed photo,s to PP and crop closer, particularly with your nice 50mm prime.

Mark

Mark, Are you sure it is next door? or inside:)

Howletts is great and in the encloses most are close and you will be able to produce great shots,do not forget that you also have the opportunity with clean well focussed photo,s to PP and crop closer, particularly with your nice 50mm prime.

Well looking at the 4 that Rob posted of my first roll i was quite impressed with the 50mm, just waiting for the postie now for the rest to see, but if howletts is fairly close then it looks like i shall most definitely be shooting in film

Mark, Are you sure it is next door? or inside:)

:LOL: :LOL:

Actually on another note, suggestions on what film to use... i have a couple of boxes of the Agfa but i wouldn't mind trying something else there

Actually on another note, suggestions on what film to use... i have a couple of boxes of the Agfa but i wouldn't mind trying something else there
Your digital animal images are very good, especially some of your black and white ones, so I think a roll of black and white would work.... I like Ilford FP4

Use some XP2, its C41 process,so anyone can dev and scan and it is a very good film.

Your digital animal images are very good, especially some of your black and white ones, so I think a roll of black and white would work.... I like Ilford FP4

I rather like Ilford Delta, only used the 400 so far but I loved the results.

I must admit i would like to take at least one roll of B&W and i have just received my negs/disc back from the lovely Rob :banana:which he included an Ilford delta as one of the couple of films he sent me, I'm tempted by the Velvia, looking at The owl shots you/lee took but as i don't really know what works well with what i wasn't sure

tbh, I'd run a couple more rolls of "normal" (i.e. negative, not slide) film before going for the Velvia, it's a swine to get exposed spot on IMO (something like 1/3 of a stop worth of "lattitude") so unless you have a camera you've 200% worth of faith in the metering, or you're really, really, REALLY in tune with the foibles of the older cameras, it may be a little disappointing. It's also pretty expensive film, both to buy and to get souped...

tbh, I'd run a couple more rolls of "normal" (i.e. negative, not slide) film before going for the Velvia, it's a swine to get exposed spot on IMO (something like 1/3 of a stop worth of "lattitude") so unless you have a camera you've 200% worth of faith in the metering, or you're really, really, REALLY in tune with the foibles of the older cameras, it may be a little disappointing. It's also pretty expensive film, both to buy and to get souped...

Good point, I didn't know the Velvia was slide film until the lab rang and asked how I wanted it processed doh!....and I only used it as it was a roll I'd got cheaper from the classifieds

Thanks Mark, that makes sense and to be honest looking through my images from Rob i really do have alot to learn, i don't/can't waste money and muck up so i shall stick to the cheaper options for now until i'm happier with what i get

I wouldn't want to put anybody off shooting Velvia - I love it to bits and would happily work with it as my only colour film if needs be, but you DO need to be aware of it's foibles, it's strengths and it's weaknesses (I find it's pretty awful on flesh tones, but then again, I try incredibly hard not to photograph people anyway :shrug:) - but I would add, there's little to beat the sight of your first set of "miniature stained glass windows" coming back in the post from processing - other than (of course) seeing the roll of them come out of the tank in the back-kitchen sink!)

I wouldn't want to put anybody off shooting Velvia - I love it to bits and would happily work with it as my only colour film if needs be, but you DO need to be aware of it's foibles, it's strengths and it's weaknesses (I find it's pretty awful on flesh tones, but then again, I try incredibly hard not to photograph people anyway :shrug:) - but I would add, there's little to beat the sight of your first set of "miniature stained glass windows" coming back in the post from processing - other than (of course) seeing the roll of them come out of the tank in the back-kitchen sink!)
I would, I bloody hated velvia every time I tried to use it. A bugger to expose and even worse to scan. One of the main reasons I went b&w only was going cross eyed and mental trying to get a decent scan from what looked like a decent slide!

Tbh i was quite disappointed with most of my first roll so i'd rather practice on cheap and get used to everything

She pulled the film out of the cassette to review her images and deleted the lot! :D

So many not in focus or way way too bright.... you know me Lee i get a right moany old cow if i'm not happy:D

So many not in focus or way way too bright.... you know me Lee i get a right moany old cow if i'm not happy:D
Yes, 'tis true about your moaning lol.
I think you did ok for your first roll..... don't be too disheartened.

Yes, 'tis true about your moaning lol.
I think you did ok for your first roll..... don't be too disheartened.

I would love to say you are not meant to agree with me, but i have no defense!:LOL:

I've sent another roll of so i guess i will have to see if i have done any better, if i havent i know i'm reading the light meter wrong maybe and play around a bit more with the settings

I would love to say you are not meant to agree with me, but i have no defense!:LOL:

I've sent another roll of so i guess i will have to see if i have done any better, if i havent i know i'm reading the light meter wrong maybe and play around a bit more with the settings
Do you use the cameras light meter?....when I used my Fm2n camera in the beginning, I read that meter against the light meter app I used on my Iphone....that way I knew it was correct

when I used my Fm2n camera in the beginning, I read that meter against the light meter app I used on my Iphone....that way I knew it was correct

i would say that was a way to check the iphone app was correct

On a some i used an app although i wish i'd made note which ones, the lens has that split prism thing in it.... so i read it that if half is goes dark then it's under exposed and focus wise if it's not in focus it creates a split screen??

the split prism is only for the focus ,,,take the digital and use that for metering ,,,just remember to set the iso as per the fillum you use

To be honest T, a certain amount of that could be due to scanning. My V500 is on it's way out and has thrown me a few duff scans from frames I know to be good recently, so don't write it off completely, it could be my useless scanner...

To be honest T, a certain amount of that could be due to scanning. My V500 is on it's way out and has thrown me a few duff scans from frames I know to be good recently, so don't write it off completely, it could be my useless scanner...

:D Thank you for trying to make me feel better, It is my first roll so it wouldn't surprise me if it was me, i guess i'll find out once i get the agfa vista roll back

Back