TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
....from 24" of Mac goodness!

:banana::banana::banana:

Be prepared for many questions. ;)

I forgot to mention. Macs are incompatible with Nikon. You'll have to go Canon.

Mwuhahahahahahahahaha :LOL::naughty:

mmmmmmmmmmmm mac :D

:clap: About time too :clap: :D

Glad to hear you've finally taken the plunge Colin (y)

So Mr Scaramanga you final managed to convince the other members of Specter that you needed a new evil operating system to plan the end of the world......

You will enjoy it mate, it a great bit of kit.. download the Aperture trail and give that a whirl I really like it, not everyone does but I think it has more functionality than lightroom.

Cheers

Bond...... Compo Bond..

Welcome to the iMac club.
Glorious lack of clutter, a work of art on your desk, stress free computing.
Mine's just over a year old, all I want now is a macbook.

Mac are Fab I really love my MacBook Pro which is over 2 years old now and it running fast strong and no trouble at all...

I am not after a iMac for it nice big screen and fast hard drive and speed for my Photo work

I have a macbook pro at home and an iMac at work and I still hate the whole fashion fan boy thing that goes along with Apple products. In saying that though the actual computers they produce are outstanding and extremely reliable, however I've found Dell machines to be just as reliable in the past. I miss my XPS laptop but the macbook pro is so much better in terms of portability.

congratulations, so you managed to pursuade the other half to get the 24"
you will love it, and if there are any questions... then just fire away.

and enjoy....

Good man! Isn't that 24" just lots of goodness in a box! :D

Welcome to the club.

Now partition the Hard drive and put windows on and it'll perfect.. :LOL:

Congratulations on your new toy (y)

:nono::nono::nono:

Just dump Windows and stay with OS X, that's what I did and have never regretted it.

congratulations, so you managed to pursuade the other half to get the 24"

Not quite, I did tell her a few days beforehand that I was going to get the 24" but it was said at a time when I knew she wasn't really listening. :whistle: Boy, did she have the arse when she saw it.

Good man! Isn't that 24" just lots of goodness in a box! :D

Welcome to the club.

I'm loving it so far, everything is just so....easy! I'm still finding my way round obviously and the only slight niggle is that I can't seem to find a way of having a folder structure for my e-mails as I like to group them for weddings, equine etc with further sub-folders for specific events or dates. :thinking:

I fitted my 4gb of Crucial Ram today and I cannot believe how fast Photoshop is, I have an all-in-one action which used to take about 35 seconds to run on my old PC (which wasn't a basic one either), on the iMac the same action takes 6 seconds - I almost fell off my chair. :LOL:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

the only slight niggle is that I can't seem to find a way of having a folder structure for my e-mails as I like to group them for weddings, equine etc with further sub-folders for specific events or dates. :thinking:

I do it now on the Mac.

The folders are called mailboxes :)

I'm loving it so far, everything is just so....easy! I'm still finding my way round obviously and the only slight niggle is that I can't seem to find a way of having a folder structure for my e-mails as I like to group them for weddings, equine etc with further sub-folders for specific events or dates. :thinking:

Are you using the OSX Mail program? If so you just need to click the "+" at the bottom left to create a new mailbox, then new mail boxes within those, then drag and drop away.

Back