image size

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I'm very new here and pretty new to digital photography. I've been lurking for a while but haven't posted much. I've just added in an entry to the POTY competition but I'm confused by the size of the image. The rules say I can upload a photograph of up to 1000 pixels. I saved mine as 1000 px in PS, then uploaded it to Flickr and from there into TP. When I right-clicked on it, however, it tell me that it's 500 x 308. Is this something Flickr has done or TP ?

...confused !

thanks.

Flickr.
Flickr does not just store your pictures it resizes them too. I don't use it so don't know all the options but you should be able to choose what size you link to.

Rules say 800 pixels for normal entries. The 1000 figure is for panoramic style shots only - 1000 wide but no more than 500 high.

It is something that flickr has done. As RobertP says flickr resizes them - if you go onto "all sizes" at the top of the picture, you'll find it there.
However, thats the "medium" size, and then theres the origional - which is unfortunately going to be too big - If i am posting on the forum now I post to flickr at 800pxls :)
Hope that helps

thanks for the answers. I might try something other than Flickr. Do you have any suggestions ?

Hi Gidge, try photobucket, theyre pretty good
Dean:)

Just upload your images to Flickr at 800 pixels wide, which is what I do. This way there's no resizing done if you link to the image at max size.

Use Fotki myself and it does keep you images at the res you uploaded them at.:)

Back