image theft result

look lads lets put it in perspective it takes time .your not gonna make hundreds of pounds overnight .it took me over a year to get my first payment ,and they also don't go for any silly payment type payments leave the settlement to them don't try and assign silly figures of your own making all of mine have been between 350 to 500 quid settlements which i'm more than happy with

look lads lets put it in perspective it takes time .your not gonna make hundreds of pounds overnight .it took me over a year to get my first payment ,and they also don't go for any silly payment type payments leave the settlement to them don't try and assign silly figures of your own making all of mine have been between 350 to 500 quid settlements which i'm more than happy with

I've left my claim with them. If I get anything in the way of a payment it's a bonus. I'm not a Pro just an amateur.

I was just surprise at the amount of my shots that have been used without my permission.

I've left my claim with them. If I get anything in the way of a payment it's a bonus. I'm not a Pro just an amateur.

I was just surprise at the amount of my shots that have been used without my permission.
same here phil i,m just a o.a.p with a hobby .it also surprised me what has been used and the extent of it

3278899.jpg

Here is the image that's being used. If you look in the bottom right you can still see my watermark

either non commercial sites or from a country that doesnt play ball .of which there are far to many

Update

As mentioned above I have an account active now and also latterly received the 'no account invitation yet as we have too many requests for now....'

Well, this morning I have had their email invitation giving me the link to create an account :)

So, what is the right course of action???
  1. Keep the account I have and ignore the invitation?
  2. Cancel the current account and use the invitation linky?

I ask because are there any "backoffice" differences to how one has registered i.e. if by invitation does it function any differently to the 'loophole' (for want of a better way of describing what was in effect a backdoor to create the account?)???

For those who have used whichever method, as appropriate, what did you do or have you done in these circumstances???

TIA for the insight :)

Just a update I had my last case payout a couple of days ago ,again a three figure sum . I now have to decide whether to subscribe to them for a year or just hope no more have been stolen ,this years payouts are currently around the 2k mark ,so it’s probably a no brainer .but I still like to be cautious .all my payouts have been from the initial free 500 images and I have around 6000 pics on Flickr

I have a load of possible cases mainly on screensaver type sites. Iv started 3 or 4 just to see how it pans out, its seems to be taking forever. I started them a couple of months back and no news yet apart from a confirmation. I had another look through my matches today and found a viewbug member had used an image of mine and entered a comp with it and was placed..the theft of my images to use as wallpaper or to illustrate something on a website is one thing but another photographer using my image and claiming its his has really got my back up!...to top it off its a crap image too [emoji23]

I have a load of possible cases mainly on screensaver type sites. Iv started 3 or 4 just to see how it pans out, its seems to be taking forever. I started them a couple of months back and no news yet apart from a confirmation. I had another look through my matches today and found a viewbug member had used an image of mine and entered a comp with it and was placed..the theft of my images to use as wallpaper or to illustrate something on a website is one thing but another photographer using my image and claiming its his has really got my back up!...to top it off its a crap image too [emoji23]
And so it should, especially as those types of comps generally sign over rights to image use to the company running it.

Just been looking at it now, it was placed in one comp in 2015 and won featured in 2016. Im fuming and holding back from a full on abusive attack! Im thinking to wait till iv calmed and then be more measured

Just a update I had my last case payout a couple of days ago ,again a three figure sum . I now have to decide whether to subscribe to them for a year or just hope no more have been stolen ,this years payouts are currently around the 2k mark ,so it’s probably a no brainer .but I still like to be cautious .all my payouts have been from the initial free 500 images and I have around 6000 pics on Flickr
Well ... just playing the numbers game - assuming pixsys chose the first 500 images then there is a possibility of getting a serious return from the remaining 5,500 images (crude maths suggests 11 x 2K but as I said crude ;) ...). The probability is that there will be others so even if it is only another £2k compared against the cost of a subscription it is a gamble that is worth taking imo. If you think of paying the subs from existing winnings then you are not even out of pocket, you are gambling with their money so to speak :)

Just been looking at it now, it was placed in one comp in 2015 and won featured in 2016. Im fuming and holding back from a full on abusive attack! Im thinking to wait till iv calmed and then be more measured
I think at the least I'd be in contact with the comp secretary and let them know ...

Couple of questions:
1) How do you know when a new image has been scanned initially? I imported some about an hour ago expecting some vague matches, but nothing.
2) The daily/weekly reports. Do they only email if they have a match? I can't say i've ever had an email alert.

they are a very busy company ,and as its all to do with the legal aspect then it takes time to sort out ,if you have a account with them just log in and on top it will show you "cases" click on that and get the progress of them through the system ,I would bank on at least a year per pic to completion .mainly the only time you get e.mails is if they can't reach a solution or they need more info from you .once your getting near to a payout they will require PayPal details for payment ,proof of residency i.e usually your N.I number and a scan of passport or driving licence ,done via a u.k solicitor and a one off .after that rub your hands when you see several e.mails together from them as thats usually a payout

I had a email from them last week, but it was for a photo on here at TP that I put up.
That doesn't matter who, show your principles, raise a case!!!!!1

That is outrageous. I do feel for you. Someone entered a video of mine in a competition last year and it came in the top 10 out of 250+, annoying!

I once took a shot of St. Paul's cathedral with the millienium bridge. You know the one been shot a thousand times a week. I cringed taking it and was quite upset with myself over the lack of creativity but I did make sure it was a bloody good technical shot. Anyway it's earnt me £600 through misuse via 500px! Might try this site if they are still accepting new accounts.

What's the best way of testing the match functionality on pixsy.

I've imported a few images over the last few weeks and no matches on their 'weakest' match system. Normally i get a few hits on unrelated images. Just not sure it's working?

What's the best way of testing the match functionality on pixsy.

I've imported a few images over the last few weeks and no matches on their 'weakest' match system. Normally i get a few hits on unrelated images. Just not sure it's working?
moving the sliders over to commercial use will give you a idea of of what has and what hasn't been stolen its no use trying to get a payment from i.e bill smith if he has pinched it and posted it on facebook ,but big companies should know better a recent £500 settlement of mine came from one of the worlds biggest holiday firms .

moving the sliders over to commercial use will give you a idea of of what has and what hasn't been stolen its no use trying to get a payment from i.e bill smith if he has pinched it and posted it on facebook ,but big companies should know better a recent £500 settlement of mine came from one of the worlds biggest holiday firms .
Thanks for your reply, although that's not the issue i'm experiencing.

I'm referring to actually no low value matches.

For example:
A few months ago i started using PIXSY. I imported some pictures and i got some low value matches when i moved the sliders to the left. Like this - see attached.

As you can see this is very different to my image, so i ignored it.

However, i've imported a load more and i'm not getting any low value matches. Some of these have been fair ground style light trails, so thought i'd get at least some vague matches.

My main concern is that my images arn't being matched/checked for whatever reason. So was looking at a way of checking it 'is working'

Attachments

• Capture-pixsy.JPG
    Capture-pixsy.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 38
The two photos are not a match that’s obvious ,out of my original 500 free ones I,I had around 100 possible matches this gradually whittled down to around 40 that they would consider chasing ,a lot of them then turned out to be from non chaseable sources out of the 500 about 6 have actually gone all the way and resulted in a payout ,no one ever said it was easy ,if none of yours match up then your lucky

Good luck with it Brazo, great images btw. Have you signed up for premium to use the takedown feature?
Nope so maybe I didn't lol. Only trying it on my phone and pressing the buttons seemed to do something but not so sure now. Will get on laptop when the little man is having his nap.

On another note I took a street style photo in Lisbon in 2014 and processed it in black and white. It matched a near identical but different person in image shot by a Portuguese street photographer. Now either he was copying me (Impossible as he took the image in 2013), or I was copying him (I honestly hadn't seen this image before) or two people 'saw' the same scene and shot it and processed it in the same way!

This is mine.

https://flic.kr/p/mr5QQv

This is his (scroll down)

http://www.streetviewphotography.net/interview-francisco-fernandes/

Last edited:
Good luck with it Brazo, great images btw. Have you signed up for premium to use the takedown feature?
Thanks but il only take credit for 'Postcard from London'

The millennium bridge shot is technically brilliant (which is why it's been ripped off so much) but a truly crap photo as I only 'copied' those before me much like all those shots of 'that' walkway into 'that' lake!

Nope so maybe I didn't lol. Only trying it on my phone and pressing the buttons seemed to do something but not so sure now. Will get on laptop when the little man is having his nap.

On another note I took a street style photo in Lisbon in 2014 and processed it in black and white. It matched a near identical but different person in image shot by a Portuguese street photographer. Now either he was copying me (Impossible as he took the image in 2013), or I was copying him (I honestly hadn't seen this image before) or two people 'saw' the same scene and shot it and processed it in the same way!

This is mine.

https://flic.kr/p/mr5QQv

This is his (scroll down)

http://www.streetviewphotography.net/interview-francisco-fernandes/
Great minds and all that! Iv a couple like that on my matches but mine are more classic views that everyone has taken!
Iv followed you on flickr btw

So spent some time doing it properly and out of 305 matches I only saw fit to start 20 cases, basically companies ripping it off and quite big ones at that.

Most sites are wallpaper sites and whilst those two images above have been ripped off royally left right and centre I don't think it's worth pursuing wall paper sites?

So spent some time doing it properly and out of 305 matches I only saw fit to start 20 cases, basically companies ripping it off and quite big ones at that.

Most sites are wallpaper sites and whilst those two images above have been ripped off royally left right and centre I don't think it's worth pursuing wall paper sites?
Are they just sites using the Flickr api to present them on a Flickr viewer page?

My main problem pic was of a Olympic medal winner who I know personally and I have a lot of personal business interests with her family ,my pic of her is widely used by multiple companies world wide ,it would have been a lot of high profile cases had I pursued it ,but when pixys went into it in depth all the photos led back to her own f/book account .i had to stop any action being taken as it would have caused to much trouble . A pain in the ass but sometimes you have to apply common sense

I have a few of mine but nothing worth chasing. It's interesting to see they are mostly images before I watermarked, or some have the early watermark cropped off. There's a landscape one of mine with the image reversed to make it appear like a new one :D

The main issue is that I can't link to images on Pbase or on my website where I have a lot, only flickr where I only have 230 (really, that many?), but the ones I have on flickr are found on both these sites of mine.

Last edited:
Back