Imagenomic Noiseware

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I've just finished a trial of Imagenomic Noiseware and found it to be okay but I would have liked a bit longer to test it out.
Have you used it ... if so how do you rate it against others you have tried?

Did you actually find something better?

Not used it sorry gramps, but I like topaz lots. I don't think there's a huge amount of difference with regards to quality, so it really boils down to how well you work with them to get the results.

Not used it sorry gramps, but I like topaz lots. I don't think there's a huge amount of difference with regards to quality, so it really boils down to how well you work with them to get the results.
Thanks Ben, yes they all seem to have their little quirks and good points ... I'm after something to remove all the noise and leave all the detail! :D

Nik define is pretty good and free.

DXO prime is excellent, but not cheap

Thanks, I have Define and Topaz Denoise ... I''ll check out DXO :)

Do any of the above let you selectively reduce noise?? At present I'm have to work in layers to reduce the BG noise without loosing detail in the subject, cheers

Do any of the above let you selectively reduce noise?? At present I'm have to work in layers to reduce the BG noise without loosing detail in the subject, cheers
Yes i think you can do it on a layer then mask it IIRC

I normally just use Lightroom NR if any. but then I didn't mind ISO 1600 film

Nik Define allows you to either work on the whole image or select 'Briush' and brush the areas you want to work on selectively.

Nik Define allows you to either work on the whole image or select 'Briush' and brush the areas you want to work on selectively.

Thanks Roger, I'll take a look at that too (y)

You could also try Noiseless CK if you're on a Mac

I've just finished a trial of Imagenomic Noiseware and found it to be okay but I would have liked a bit longer to test it out.
Have you used it ... if so how do you rate it against others you have tried?

Did you actually find something better?

I have Imagenomic and like it, I use that or Dfine 2 which is good.

I have Imagenomic and like it, I use that or Dfine 2 which is good.

Actually just watched a tutorial on Control Points in Define 2 so I think I'll see what I can do with that ... looks interesting from initial tests. :)

Topaz and Nik for me. Still getting used to Nik.

Some claim not to use any noise reduction. Perhaps some FF cameras are good enough not to require it, but I have my doubts.

I've always used the standalone versions of Neat Image and found them to be excellent, if you're willing to put in the necessary work to get the best results, including creating your own specific profiles for your cameras.

Back