Important : Users with Hotmail/MSN email addresses

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
We are currently having some problems with sending emails to Hotmail or MSN addresses from the forums.
These include notifications of new PM's, birthday messages, activation emails etc.

It seems Microsoft have decided to add us to their prohibited senders list.
Now we have had some problems recently with our email server being erroneously added to the Spamcop database, and we have to keep fighting and going backwards and forwards getting it removed. This was added by IP address. (Which is a shared email server, so it could have been a result another user on there spamming someone)

With Hotmail and MSN, our specific domain has been targetted, which leads us to believe that we are being reported deliberately and maliciously.

We won't say, (or even imply with a knowing wink), who it is, but rest assured we won't be standing for anyone who tries to interfere and degrade our members forums experience.

Therefore, for the time being, if anyone has a hotmail or MSN address as their registered email, then emails to you are getting bounced back to us, and for that we can only apologise.

If you would like to change your registered email, then you can do so in your User Control Panel.
If you have problems accessing the forums, then please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page, and either Myself, Matty, or digitalfailure can manually edit your profile and registered email addresses. We can also manually authorise users who haven't received their activation emails.

Any questions, fire away :)

Regards

Thanks for that Marcel.
My addy is a hotmail addy but theres no point in giving you my ISP addy as its about to change due to my having dreadful problems of my own with staying connected to the internet.
Im still on dial-up (I know, Im the last one standing!) my ISP is blaming my phone co., my phone company blames ISP, blah blah!
Im waiting for Sky to fit Broadband but that can be up to 3 weeks.
So , meantime appologies if Im spamming up the gossip threads with little input on the piccies, I just dont seem to be able to hold my connection long enough to view very much! :annoyed:

Hope you manage to get the probs sorted!

Im waiting for Sky to fit Broadband but that can be up to 3 weeks.

You really sure you want to sign up with Sky for broadband Gloria..:shake:

Last time I was reading the adslguide every thread was complaining about the lack of interest Sky were showing once you had signed up..:thumbsdown:

Hope things are better for you..:)

and it should never take 3 weeks. ADSL should take in the order of 8 to 13 days. If someone quotes 3 weeks then they are bluffing as they don't have a date for you and are obviously experiencing problems of one sort or another.

GLORIA ... I am not sure about others views on this ... but if you have a land-line, and purely in my own personal experience, it is hard to beat BT/Yahoo Broadband for price (if you haggle) and after sales service ... they are BT I know ... but to me they have proved excellent since I moved over from dial-up !

Whatever you do I agree ... re-think the Sky thingy ... and fast ...:eek:

HTH ...:D

:p

Sorry Marcel, didnt mean to hijack the thread but Im so glad I mentioned the Sky thing on here.

My son wanted to go with Tiscalli but I pooh poohed it in favour of Sky's promise of a big package! :LOL:

Ill definately be calling them back to cancel this evening, so thanks for your advice peeps.
In the meantime with dial-up time lasting a max of 20 mins ... my son & me just might end up strangling each other !!!!

So let's see who';s the first person to post up a lot of pics in sharing with "Inaglo warning" in the title rather than "56k"!!

this problem is very very annoying, have you ever tried to call microsoft or find msn contacts??

Spamcop gave us all the info we needed when i got hold of them, and im hoping that microsoft will also be able to give us the name of the reporting email address just as freely.

I've been with eclipse for years and it's always been a fast reliable service. Not the cheapest service by a long chalk, but it's worth the extra for the reliablity alone.

Back to the topic............sure I can manually edit your profiles, you'll never get back online :)
they don't call me Digitalfailure for nothing :naughty:

Sorry Marcel, didnt mean to hijack the thread but Im so glad I mentioned the Sky thing on here.

Don't you dare apologise chuck :nono: :bonk: No need at all (y)

We're laid back here ;)

he is when his chair breaks again....

LOL :):)

:LOL: I'll give you that one....

Bloomin shoddy Viking Direct workmanship. To their credit theyve replaced it each time though :D

hopefully this is now fixed, we had to go through a 24 hour 'examination' to see what our mail is all about. MS will provide me with all the information i want on why our mails are being labelled spam, specifically which addresses the spam reports came from.

Recommendations from MS include(aside from not having people report your mail deliberately)asking people who dont want mail to tick the No contact from forum admin box, and for people to check the mail they send to spam bin, making sure tp mails are not in them

Yup, if any member gets email from the forums that they'd rather not, then you can unsunscribe from ANY uninitiated contact from us, by clicking on you User CP > Edit Options and unticking "Receive email from Administrators".

They did say that as a precaution, we might be wise asking members that when if they send a whole load of emails to the spam bin or delete them with a 'report as spam' button, just to double check that any of our emails aren't in it.

If anyone has any problems or question, please either post here, or Contact Us and we'll be happy to help :)

Back