Importing video from Camcorder to pc.

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I installed windows 10 on my old computer, but it did nut run very well on the very old pc. I put Windows 7 back on and all seems to be running OK again. Apart from I now don't have Windows movie maker. A bit of a pain, as I used this for editing my video cips. I just tried to put some old video on the computer, this was by connecting my old Mini DV camcorder. I normally used to put the firewire cable in, and I would imort it via movie maker. When I stick the cable in now, nothing happens.

Been searching around the compter, but I can't figure out how to get it on the machine. Any ideas? ...Please :)

Just downloaded VLC and tried that, but that does not seem to import video. Still searching the net for other alternatives.

Why not download Moviemaker again if you like it.
https://www.windows-movie-maker.org/
I thought Windows movie maker had been discontinued?

Thanks for the link.

Before I download it, I am just reading their support page. It says on their support page "
Warranty

windows-movie-maker.org wants every customer to be satisfied with their experience with our products and company. While windows-movie-maker.org take great pride in our products and strive to ensure our products are trouble-free, there are occasional hardware and software configurations which sometimes can cause problems. If a problem does arise, please contact us so windows-movie-maker.org can assist in getting your product working properly.

If our support team has not been able to resolve your issue or if you are not satisfied with our product or support, simply contact us within 30 days of purchase and windows-movie-maker.org will refund your money. windows-movie-maker.org ask that you please provide a reason for the return so windows-movie-maker.org can further improve our products".

I am reading up a little more about the website. They say Windows movie maker is their product. But the product belonged to Windows.I will continue to read up a little more, before I download it from them. Although it does say free download, they may charge for the use of it.

@4wd thanks for taking the time to post the link. :)

Last edited:

I did download and try it, but it said would not work on my machine. Strange, as I had movie maker on this machine before. Not too sure about the download, as it may have downloaded something on pc. But I will clean the pc when I have tried other software anyway.

For anybody that may be interested. I have tried a small Windows utility for DV (FireWire digital video) input/output. It is called Win DV 1.2.3 and it worked for me. I managed to get the old video off the camcorder and onto the pc. :)

I used to use a handy program called HDV Split when I had HDV cameras, you can still download it from HERE.

Finished downloading and saving to hard drive. I found loads of Mini DV tape un opened, I was toying with using the old camcorder again. But after all that faffing about, I don't think I will bother.

I would advise not to download from that link. I have done a bit of reading up on them, and it seems some think it is simply a scam.

Copied and pasted...

" www.windows-movie-maker.org comes up as the top results in Google as well as Bing when searching for “movie maker”. Like any good scam, the website looks well-made. It even goes beyond by actually installing what seems like a legitimate trial version of Movie Maker. The trouble starts, however, the moment you run it.

It will initially ask the user to pay $30 for the full version when the software is first run. And then it asks again and again incessantly every time you try to save your work. When you’ve already spent hours crafting the perfect movie, that amount seems a small price to pay. Sadly, it’s a complete farce and you never get anything in return except heartache and frustration."

Taken from >> https://www.slashgear.com/do-not-download-windows-movie-maker-from-any-source-13507741/

Last edited:
Back