Impromptu, off the cuff film meet for Northern types

I think it might be a bit far for kenm, he's in Edinburgh....:D

But, I shall check with the Current Mrs Snap and see if I can be allowed out to play. Probably ok next Saturday or the weekend after, I'll let you know for sure later.

Cheers

Andy

I was in Edinburgh from 1977-1988 but these days I am very much in Cheshire.

I think it might be a bit far for kenm, he's in Edinburgh....:D

But, I shall check with the Current Mrs Snap and see if I can be allowed out to play. Probably ok next Saturday or the weekend after, I'll let you know for sure later.

Cheers

Andy

Have you organised the poll for the Lytham meet yet?

No, I'm struggling a bit at the moment, its looking like it might be November before I'm free, apart from the next 2 weekends and I'm only free for 1 day on each of those. Aargh to many things not enough time.

Sorry Ken, it was DesF I was confusing you with....

No, I'm struggling a bit at the moment, its looking like it might be November before I'm free, apart from the next 2 weekends and I'm only free for 1 day on each of those. Aargh to many things not enough time.

Sorry Ken, it was DesF I was confusing you with....

Or we're you confusing me with @kendo1 ;)

Aaargh...I don't know my brain has turned to custard, who am I, who are you.....?????

Andy, go and have a lie down in a darkened room, perhaps Roberts could fashion a cold compress out of a damp copy of the Sporting Life to soothe your fevered brow.

Yes... dark room, brandy.... Roberts! fetch the medicinal reviving water.

You rang? :)

Weekend after next is cool :)

A week on saturday (11th of October) would suit me best but I could probably manage the sunday if it helps.

Andy

Yep - Sat 11th is ok for me :)

Cool, what time then chaps? Castle is open 10 till 5 and its £6.10 entry for adults.... not sure we'd get away with the children's rate.

11 sounds good - is there a cafe? Bacon?

11 is fine by me. No cafe I'm afraid (unless its changed recently) but quite a few local pubs for a bit of lunch.

It would appear that there is a small food issuing area at Beeston which does indeed serve .... BACON BUTTIES.... not sure about oatcakes for the Stokies though. :D

Last edited:
Beeston is not far from me, so I might well pop down and use a film camera before I may/may not trade them all.

11 oclock? should be good.

Shall we meet in the carpark outside of the main gate?

I will be bringing along a special guest.... :banana: Nick (RaglanSurf) from up that London:banana:......

Looking forward to this. Now then - which camera/s to bring? :geek:

So many cameras so little time.

Thanks to @Andysnap being chauffeur for the day I shall be joining you northern types, really looking forward to it.

Looking forward to this. Now then - which camera/s to bring? :geek:
So many cameras so little time.

It is the perennial question, I will be limited by the fact that'll I'll be travelling up from that London but I think I may bring the new 5x4 pinhole and the Hassy.

I'll probably bring the C330, couple of lenses and a tripehound.

I was trying to convince myself to take the SLR, but if you're all bringing the big guns I'll stick with the Bronnie.

Does that mean I'll have to tip toe along with the P67?

All shapes, sizes and colours of camera are welcome even digital, we are an inclusive group. I took a Minolta Hi-matic on one meet, no one laughed.... well not much anyway.

Back