Impromptu, off the cuff film meet for Northern types

Hmmmm... probably the RB67 - and perhaps a rangefinder. Yashica Electro 35 maybe.

Maybe, the Mamiya 645 Super for me. Or perhaps the Minolta X700 35mm, and a Zeiss Ikon Nettar II 120 format. Argh... blinking decisions.

Weather is looking ok for Saturday but I suggest some stout shoes/boots as the climb up to the castle will be wet and muddy in places.

Andy

Another little bump in case anyone else might want to tag along.

I'm looking forward to this.

Me too :D

^^^^^ That :)

Hi all,

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it after all.

I hope the weather stays clear, and you all have an eventful day. I'll look forward to seeing some shots.

Cheers,
Shane :)

That's a shame Shane, hopefully we'll see you next time.

Foggy as heck here this morning. Dark Skies is also suggesting light rain for a lot of the day for Beeston. Not looking promising for my arse/gear interface perspective!

Think I'll give it a miss, sorry chaps, but I might pop out to Biddulph Grange later if the fog lifts.... the test roll of Extar in the yashica won't shoot itself and it'll be in there until Spring otherwise.

Last edited:
Another old ruin here.

What a thoroughly splendid day.

Many thanks to Andy, Nick, Dave and Dave's mate whose name I forget. Sorry.

Negatives from roll 1 drying as I type.

Shame I missed it. The yashica would have ended up hurled over the battlements though!

Suz, you missed a cracking day. Never believe the weather forecast, they lie!

Really good to meet Simon, Dave and Dave's mate and of course thanks to Mr Snap for being chauffeur, guide and all round good egg.

Last edited:
Yep, cracking day out and a good laugh all round.

Really enjoyed today - thanks chaps! Off to dev some film now :)

P.S. Dave's mate is a John :)

Negs are hanging in the bathroom :)

I was at the castle today my son seen some people with cameras he never seen before, I said they must be film ones, I had the dog at the time so couldn't stop to talk :( she just wanted to get off

I was at the castle today my son seen some people with cameras he never seen before, I said they must be film ones, I had the dog at the time so couldn't stop to talk :( she just wanted to get off

Did you have the rather beautiful mamluk type dog?

no mate mine a Springer Spaniel white& tan, in the first photo posted on here I seen the gent on the right standing by the gate

Crackin pix Simon!

Nice that this worked out, unfortunately I didn't get up until 11 am. I blame Huey Morgan, the internet and they daily weekday commute to the midlands for my slumber. Hopefully next time.

Ok - a few from Bunbury locks off the Mamiya RB67 and lford Delta 100.

RB67-Bunbury-D100-006.jpg~original

RB67-Bunbury-D100-004.jpg~original

RB67-Bunbury-D100-002.jpg~original

RB67-Bunbury-D100-003.jpg~original

Reactions: Jao
Hi guys,

Sorry I had to miss the meet - stuff to sort out with family.

Some great shots, and sounds like you had a cracking time.

Shane :)

@-Oy- and @simon ess very impressed you guys have managed to get rolls processed, scanned and posted on the day, great work

Last edited:
I'm also impressed and some excellent shots as well. Just firing up the Job as I type this so should have some on line later today.

Andy

Lovely mono images, it looks like you chaps had a splendid time!

Good stuff! :banana:

Here are some of mine off the little(er) Fuji GS645S - again on Delta 100.

GS645S-Beeston-D100-022.jpg~original

GS645S-Beeston-D100-023.jpg~original

GS645S-Beeston-D100-020.jpg~original

GS645S-Beeston-D100-018.jpg~original

GS645S-Beeston-D100-015.jpg~original

GS645S-Beeston-D100-013.jpg~original

Oooh very nice indeed.

Sadly I've munged up both rolls of colour and I only took 4 shots of b&w....:(
Might have 3 or 4 that can be saved, I'll get some up tomorrow.

Andy

Very nice Nick, second one is excellent.

Back