(in) appropriate joke discussion

If anyone here actually a family member a friend of the woman shot....

Apparently getting an assault rifle tattoo is a good coping mechanism and appropriate memorial.

I know some people get upset and even angry at "jokes" and sometimes so on behalf of others. These days if one person complains the whole world has to genuflect and cancel itself. That maybe isn't always a good thing.

Apparently getting an assault rifle tattoo is a good coping mechanism and appropriate memorial.

I know some people get upset and even angry at "jokes" and sometimes so on behalf of others. These days if one person complains the whole world has to genuflect and cancel itself. That maybe isn't always a good thing.
im sure that most on here that were offended by that particular joke would have to google her name by now :cautious:

" it was truly sick "
In your opinion. No-one complained on the forum I saw it on.
'Swiss Army Wife' was so obviously not representative of anyone's view of women, it was a joke for goodness sake.
As for reposting ? As I told you at the time (which you never acknowledged) I immediately returned to the post to check spelling, as I always do. Couldn't see the post, assumed I never hit 'Post' (a known error of mine) so reposted.
At that time I had no correspondence from you.
If your only moral compass is "someone else did it first so it's OK" then you need to take a good look at yourself and if you think its fine to post such images go ahead and post a picture of yourself naked and tied up and we'll all have a good laugh at you.

That poor naked woman has to live her life knowing that such images are circulating on the internet, she might have to go and collect her kids from school, her kids might be being bullied at school because another child has found that image and recognised her. She might be abused in the street because she is now "fair game" but I suppose that is all OK for the sake of a joke which TBH is just not funny.

go ahead and post a picture of yourself naked and tied up and we'll all have a good laugh at you.

Now, where are the bankini pix???

;):p

light hearted fun place
Absolutely ...

but fun for all regardless of race, age, gender, hair colour or any other distinguishing characteristics, it is absolutely not intended to be fun for some groups at the expense of others.

I mean lads, the title of the thread is inappropriate jokes ... I don't get offended by jokes, some can make me uncomfortable, such as jokes aimed at people with disabilities [because I have a daughter with one] But even she laughs at them, at least the not so terrible ones. It's not about her personally so why should she be offended? I don't remember many being offended by Rolf Harris or Bill Cosby jokes, and there were many victims in both cases.

Last edited:
I mean lads, the title of the thread is inappropriate jokes ... I don't get offended by jokes, some can make me uncomfortable, such as jokes aimed at people with disabilities [because I have a daughter with one]
That's understandable, and yes it is all relative, as I was discussing recently, on here, some of the best Jewish jokes were told to me by Jews,
Being Jewish himself he agreed.
Years ago I worked with a guy from N'iron, some of his jokes about the Irish would have made a docker blush..
Being female, I plead guilty to posting many of such jokes, it's not something that upsets me in the least,.
Yes some are a bit OTT but those I tend to just ignore
Who can forget the "good old day's" and those "threads"? . :D

Unfortunately a lot of the "crew" have now moved on and they could never be matched again.
It was all harmless fun no one got upset, or gave a second thought to the sex of the poster.

I miss those threads.... ;)
So do I but TBH I bet if I started one, they would never be the same :(
As above, so many of the old crew are no longer on here.

ome of the best Jewish jokes were told to me by Jews,
I think there's a huge difference between a joke about a group told by a member of that group and the same joke told by someone else. I had a colleague who was the son of Nigerian parents but born in London. His jokes about Nigerians were hilarious but I wouldn't repeat them because if I did, most people would regard them as offensive or even downright racist.

With humour, context is everything.

Who can forget the "good old day's" and those "threads"? . :D

Unfortunately a lot of the "crew" have now moved on and they could never be matched again.
It was all harmless fun no one got upset, or gave a second thought to the sex of the poster.

They weren't appreciated by all then, and always got shut down for some unknown reason, shame we didn't have the the Hot Topics section although like some of the jokes I don't really think anything warranted it it was just banter
But we did get the "Most Funny" award for it from it in 2010

I miss those threads.... ;)

Can't remember you being involved at the time, but I guess you would have loved them

So do I but TBH I bet if I started one, they would never be the same :(
As above, so many of the old crew are no longer on here.

Yep so many have left the site, a few still remain but don't see to post any more these days

If your only moral compass is "someone else did it first so it's OK" then you need to take a good look at yourself and if you think its fine to post such images go ahead and post a picture of yourself naked and tied up and we'll all have a good laugh at you.

That poor naked woman has to live her life knowing that such images are circulating on the internet, she might have to go and collect her kids from school, her kids might be being bullied at school because another child has found that image and recognised her. She might be abused in the street because she is now "fair game" but I suppose that is all OK for the sake of a joke which TBH is just not funny.
" That poor naked women has to live her life knowing that such images are
circulating on the Internet " etc etc

While there is bare skin on display there is no way of telling if this is a women or a man ? apart from the title. The 'persons' head is covered. So supposition about "her kids" and "recognised her" etc etc is imo the product of a vivid imagination. This is most likely a staged scene using a paid actor.

Your justification for your censorship is now becoming surreal. Maybe leave the censorship decisions to others ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They weren't appreciated by all then, and always got shut down for some unknown reason, shame we didn't have the the Hot Topics section although like some of the jokes I don't really think anything warranted it it was just banter
But we did get the "Most Funny" award for it from it in 2010

Can't remember you being involved at the time, but I guess you would have loved them

Yep so many have left the site, a few still remain but don't see to post any more these days
I must be thinking of something else....;)

They weren't appreciated by all then, and always got shut down for some unknown reason,
I guess one or two people just didn't like us having fun.
They could have always joined in of course... but no :(

Interesting that the couple of pics I posted that have been removed gathered several likes with no thumbs down or angry faces.

Interesting that the couple of pics I posted that have been removed gathered several likes with no thumbs down or angry faces.
Are you sure they weren't moved to HT joke threads?

No - I stay out of there and don't have access.

2 pages and 59 replies off one joke about man United...is this a tp record...should I be giving ross McWirter a call

No - I stay out of there and don't have access.
Its possible that's where they went then, as there is a couple of jokes of yours in there.
Access to HT is that through choice or "other" ?

I must be thinking of something else....;)

You would have loved them, all good fun, none of us offended by the banter but it seems others did so they got closed

I rarely even post in the jokes thread now, the censorship seem harsh, a lot of of it simple schoolkid humour, although
most of that is far worse these days

Its possible that's where they went then, as there is a couple of jokes of yours in there.

a lot more then a couple ;), just had a look

I would like to ask the mods a favour. If I post a joke that you think should be moved to H.T. please delete it instead.

I don't want my name associated with that s***hole, thanks.

I would like to ask the mods a favour. If I post a joke that you think should be moved to H.T. please delete it instead.

I don't want my name associated with that s***hole, thanks.
Noted (y)

What's considered 'old crew'? I'm here since 2013, not sure when the site began? I guess it was here a few years previous

2 pages and 59 replies off one joke about man United...is this a tp record...should I be giving ross McWirter a call

That's what my first thought was, I thought there'd be a chain of 'inapropriate' jokes but nah, just a needless fuss about one.
Well the year the awards were given by one of the previous admin in 2010 :rolleyes:

Yeah I didn't read that bit :ROFLMAO:

That's what my first thought was, I thought there'd be a chain of 'inapropriate' jokes but nah, just a needless fuss about one.
You think it needless, I think it's stupid, others think it's nasty - everyone's right - which is the problem.

Choice. If I changed my choice, it would probably only be a matter of time before it became other!

You think it needless, I think it's stupid, others think it's nasty - everyone's right - which is the problem.

I think the complaining is needless not the joke, the joke is just a bit lame but I wouldn't deem it offensive, not like any of know the people involved personally

but I wouldn't deem it offensive, not like any of know the people involved personally
That's why I used your word "needless" - you may think the antagonistic comments are unwarranted but clearly, others have different opinions.

It wasn't the reference to Man United that was the problem. Or are you now trying to ignore the issue.

Maybe leave the censorship decisions to others
As someone who is prepared to put a significant amount of time and money into keeping this site going, as opposed to just carping from the sidelines, I'll moderate what I like in whatever way I like.

Here, have a certificate

ButtHurt.JPG

As someone who is prepared to put a significant amount of time and money into keeping this site going, as opposed to just carping from the sidelines, I'll moderate what I like in whatever way I like.

Here, have a certificate

View attachment 334438
That will get printed and hung in the toilet, (where else) :D

Curiosity go the better of me, Marcel "joined" on Jan 13, 2005 so I'm guessing that was when Talk Photography launched

Wow, much longer than I'd have though, I actually thought it was relatively new when I joined

Back