In search of Asha

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone heard from Asha lately? He’s not been in the forum for a while and hasn’t responded to messages?

I don’t want to pry but am concerne.

Good point. I did wonder as well a few weeks back then totally forgot.

French internet is crap though. Thunderstorms seem to regularly ruin it.

Do we know when he last logged in?

I have recently e-mailed Asha to find out if everything is OK, but I have not received any reply as yet.

He last posted at the end of March.

My report is the same as Richard's. The most recent communication was (disturbingly) on 5th April, when he had just arrived to visit his mother, He said he'd next contact me when he got home "next week". I am concerned.

I've been wondering too, I miss his postings! Fingers crossed but it’s worrying.

Perhaps he's been arrested for "playing with trains".

Hope all is well.

Yes, a mystery. I thought he might have responded to my posts about Lumiere et Jougle and, more recently, Photo Cinema 1935.

My report is the same as Richard's. The most recent communication was (disturbingly) on 5th April, when he had just arrived to visit his mother, He said he'd next contact me when he got home "next week". I am concerned.
Isn't that pretty close to me, like....really close, I know you have links with this neck of the woods too

He did live in Wakefield for a time (I come from Crofton), but his mother lives elsewhere. Still a place with a sort of triangular connection though :)

In that case, I do know where she lives, he has mentioned it previously, just checking I wasn't getting confused with somebody else.
I can't find anything, which isn't a bad thing, maybe he is just incommunicado atm.

Well I too noticed he hasn't been posting but then not so long ago he also disappeared for a while and did mention (when he came back) that he knew he hadn't been posting but can't remember if he gave a reason.

I had been wondering about him as well, since he had entered FPOTY the first 3 months but not since. Also shocked to find "recent" conversation with him was actually 17 July last year. :eek:

I've just had a reply to an email. He's not very good, and just needs to be alone for the moment. He added that he's still feeling positive though, and asked me to pass this on to you.

I've just had a reply to an email. He's not very good, and just needs to be alone for the moment. He added that he's still feeling positive though, and asked me to pass this on to you.
Please pass on my/our best wishes next time you mail him.

As others have said, please pass on my best wishes to Asha, here’s hoping he’s feeling better soon.
If it’s not too much trouble would you also tell him to pull himself together and stop all this self indulgent malingering.
I’m sure he’ll appreciate the sentiment.

Well if I saw him would jokingly say "stop eating all that rabbit food and have a nice grilled sirloin steak, mushrooms, french fries, tomatoes and peas" :)
Wise words indeed Brian (y)

Do you know if he is in England or France?

I'm afraid not. :(

Not from me :(. We sent a Christmas card with a "thinking of you" message, but have heard nothing back. Based on previous experience/knowledge, I would have expected to have heard something long ago if he were able to reply.

Not from me :(. We sent a Christmas card with a "thinking of you" message, but have heard nothing back. Based on previous experience/knowledge, I would have expected to have heard something long ago if he were able to reply.
If admin know his name etc it might be possible to search to see if he is in a NHS hospital?

Unfortunately we know as much as you do, his forum name and a registered email address.
Well if I could find private emails/messages? I knew his address in France IIRC as I posted some gear to him.

Last edited:
Well if I could find private emails/messages?
I can't pass on his personal email address, data protection and all that, but I will drop him and email to his registered email address

I can't pass on his personal email address, data protection and all that, but I will drop him and email to his registered email address
Well yes but can't find how to see private messages (that I've sent and received)....maybe the changeover to this new forum and they have been deleted ?

Well yes but can't find how to see private messages (that I've sent and received)....maybe the changeover to this new forum and they have been deleted ?
None have been deleted, its possible that he clicked the leave conversation button, being the reason you can no longer see them

Well if I could find private emails/messages? I knew his address in France IIRC as I posted some gear to him.

Depending on when that was, the address may be out if date. He moved from Sospel probably 2 or 3 years ago - I could check the date.

Oh well it was 2016...didn't his mother live on the Isle of Man? Also I still don't know the way to look at all private messages that I've sent and received.....I'm sure in the past I could view them by clicking on something like "messages"?

Back