Inaminate Play

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot on Venus and MP-E + Flash Diffused

Now I'm doing a show how to for macro at the meega meet... so want some things for people to shoot if the weather is crappy and they can shoot indoors.

Any suggestions, so far;
Daughters Princesses
Lego
Thread/Wool
Coin

IMG_9076
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_9079
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. Any guesses what it is?

IMG_9055
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. Any guesses what it is?

IMG_9081
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments and suggestions much appreciated.

:ty:

What about a selection of fishing flies? You could mount them on various surfaces (foam, silk, perspex) and they would be a good size to shoot, they also have lots of intricate details which makes them perfect for macro imo.

Some things I've done or seen done include; circuit boards, glass (bottles, etc), cupcake cases, spaghetti (or other pasta), herbs and spices, kitchen utensils (colanders and sieves work well), pencils.

Will you have different lighting for them to use? Things like led torches work well for getting interesting lighting on indoor macro shots (particularly for things like glass)

What about a selection of fishing flies? You could mount them on various surfaces (foam, silk, perspex) and they would be a good size to shoot, they also have lots of intricate details which makes them perfect for macro imo.

Will have a word with the dad to get hold of some. :)

Some things I've done or seen done include; circuit boards, glass (bottles, etc), cupcake cases, spaghetti (or other pasta), herbs and spices, kitchen utensils (colanders and sieves work well), pencils.

Will you have different lighting for them to use? Things like led torches work well for getting interesting lighting on indoor macro shots (particularly for things like glass)

Thanks some great ideas there... I expect people will bring there own lighting. I will take some background and my macro kit to show what it's like but I'm only really taking people out into the field to show the technique but then want some indoor bits just incase weather is s***e.

Back