Incident at London Bridge

watching Sky news now dosn't look good

Oh no not again ffs

five or 6 knocked over

It's all very confusing, witnesses so far claiming gunfire/stabbings/people run over!

2nd incident reported at borough market Sky news now calling it a terrorism attack ??

hate breeds hate
it is all a bit rubbush

As of 00:25hrs gmt it has been declared as a terrorist incident at London bridge & Borough Market .

thoughts are with those affected and to those f you who are in London, stay strong!

another incident in vauxhall

A separate Local stabbing, which was nothing to do with the London Bridge/Borough Market incident, outside The Royal Vauxhall Tavern in Kennington Lane Vauxhall, which is about 50 metres from my Primary School I went to in 1961. A friend woke me up in Listowel in Kerry to bring me up to date with the mess in London. Awake now.

[emoji19] another one..... maybe a little bit more sheltered living in the South West but feel so sorry for everyone this is effecting.

So far

At least one confirmed fatality
At least 20 injured at hospital as confirmed by LondonAmbulance
3 hospitals on lockdown to protect patients in the immediate area

There have been reports of explosions which have now been confirmed at Police controlled explosions
Images shown on the BBC of two bodies with "Cannisters" on their chests

Live updates from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147014
It's pretty much over all the news channels, the only reason i'm really typing this is to keep me awake at work & just take the mind off it.

I have to say that the public and police response has been just incredible and that we should follow their examples of being strong and resilient in the face of adversity!
On the flip side, I had a glance at the #Londonbridge on twitter, it seems people always try and find a reason to spread hate even when we need to stick together and spread love.

Again thoughts are with those of us in London and the families of those directly affected!

It has now been confirmed that Six people are dead another 20 injured and a responding officer has also been seriously injured.

Three male suspects have been shot dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147014

Just awful and I bet there will be more to come, condolences to all involved.
I'm heading to Gatwick later I bet that will on high alert, seeing armed guards always makes me nervous
especially after an incident like this

Felt odd seeing the pub, shops etc. that I use everyday on the news last night, being able to visualise every location mentioned...
I'll be back up there Monday morning. No bunch on lunatics are going to cow me.
One of my avourite places when I lived in London both as a kid in the early 60s and through to the early 80s, when I returned many years later. It was part of London I lived in running from Vauxhall thriugh Brixton, The Oval, Camberwell, Elehant and Castle, Southwark, Borough. So many great memories.

The Police did their work professionally in an area which is very lively, dynamic and busy. I am sure nany TP nembers will have solid memories of the Borough Market liveliness and fun from photography trips.

Well done to all the services and ordinary people who went to the asisstance of others and to the injured on London Bridge.

I worry all day while my kids are in school. I fear it's only a matter of time until a school is the target.

Senior Met Officer call out Gov on lying about police numbers..

https://BANNED/el4jc/status/871334312221736960
His LBC interview is even more direct.

And how would police numbers affect terrorism ?

Because the National Counter Terrorism Security Office is a police unit that is funded by and reports to the Home Office. It advises the government on counter terrorism strategy, it is also responsible for running a network of counter terrorism security advisors which are imbedded in police forces across the UK and provide direct support and guidance to help build the resilience and security of the United Kingdom from terrorist attacks.

And how would police numbers affect terrorism ?
Might help investigate community reports of extremism.

It's not clear if there's a Manchester connection to last night, but the area the Manchester bomber came from has had reported (and it seems fairly widely known) Libyan extremist links since pre-2010. Links to extremist organisations that HMG has variously cracked down upon and used as allies at different times to suit political expedience.

Enough may be enough, and it may be time for things to change.. but remember May has been Home Secretary since 2010 prior to becoming Prime Minister. This has happened on her watch. She can't blame anyone else for mismanaging the lead-up to the most intense period of terrorist attacks in the UK for.. well, I can't remember a sustained campaign of terrorism as intense as this since the IRA days. She's been in power less than a year and we've had three attacks - I can't see the mainstream media giving anyone else such an easy ride over a track record like that. If Corbyn did get elected and there was an attack the day after the election there'd be calls for his head on a pike in the Daily Mail! But they'll overlook May's "control" of the situation for the last seven years.

I worry all day while my kids are in school. I fear it's only a matter of time until a school is the target.
I tend not to worry about my kids being in school despite living close to Dunblane. Schools are meant to be safer post-Dunblane but I think have become complacent.

Last week I had to use an intercom system to get into school reception and buy my 5 year old a ticket for the school disco. I then walked my 3 year old round the back of the school to the nursery and passed several classrooms with the firedoors wedged open.

Slightly unrelated? It's totally unrelated. It's sad, but don't see how it puts last night in perspective?

no its not unrealted at all, sensleless murder is all arround us in many forms.

Might help investigate community reports of extremism.

It's not clear if there's a Manchester connection to last night, but the area the Manchester bomber came from has had reported (and it seems fairly widely known) Libyan extremist links since pre-2010. Links to extremist organisations that HMG has variously cracked down upon and used as allies at different times to suit political expedience.

Enough may be enough, and it may be time for things to change.. but remember May has been Home Secretary since 2010 prior to becoming Prime Minister. This has happened on her watch. She can't blame anyone else for mismanaging the lead-up to the most intense period of terrorist attacks in the UK for.. well, I can't remember a sustained campaign of terrorism as intense as this since the IRA days. She's been in power less than a year and we've had three attacks - I can't see the mainstream media giving anyone else such an easy ride over a track record like that. If Corbyn did get elected and there was an attack the day after the election there'd be calls for his head on a pike in the Daily Mail! But they'll overlook May's "control" of the situation for the last seven years.

So it's Mays fault? Tell me what we can do to prevent this? Aside from locking up everyone who is non white (tongue in cheek comment and not a suggestion before anyone thinks it is) there is no way these sort of attacks could be prevented. Any one of us could do similar tonight.

Use your imagination.

Well if police numbers don't affect crime figures we might as well get rid of the lot of em.

We could have double the police out there e and I doubt things like this would be prevented.

Was the Manchester guy not "known to police"? So maybe we should just lock up anyone we suspect may be dodgy with no proof, but I don't think anyone would want that.

Don't worry it is now perfectly normal. Terror is good for you. It is all very loving and peaceful. We should embrace the new way of life and the new culture and be MORE TOLERANT. /sarcasm

Back