Industrial Dundee

Name
Claudio
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I am actually arranging a couple of photoshoots in the next week and we are looking for industrial location, possibly dismantled that can give that kind of derelict effect. Except working in Dundee I dont really know the place well. So any ideas in the city and vicinity? Thank you very much
I believe that we will have at least a guy that know the place well, however is always good to do the research prior and have as many ideas as possible, I was told there should be a few industrial places in Dundee. Thanks for help

Any of the jute mills left? Jam'n'jute for Dundee..

Hi Claudio, I live in Dundee, happy to help
What kind of thing are you looking for?
Are you happy to urb ex, or granted access?
Still a few old buildings about, not sure of any with open access

Hi Bruce,
thanks for your help, maybe open access will be better, I dont want to risk anything. I was doing some searches yesterday, what about dryburgh ind estate? yes I am looking for urban style kind of photos, old derelict buildings etc. As i said the model's partner is from dd and knows where to go. I only know 9wells and perth road :) we also have our own transport. I am meeting the girl on friday morning and I should have more details by then :)

Cant think of anything exciting in dryburgh, depends on your taste I suppose
Ninewells could work, if you want the really old, dirty look :)
Around Dundee, there's strathmartine hospital if you want a bit naughty, theres still the odd old mill around
I've got a few shots of some derelicts round about the area I could put up, and get a better clue what you're looking for

Theres a few shots here of a few old buildings round about
The one with the arches etc is an old water mill just outside Dundee, not easy to find, but a lovely old building with full access

old water mill by Bruce Mo, on Flickr

try errol airfield. its pretty awesome for pics

its a car boot sale on a sunday but i have been tempted to go up at another time

is there an abandoned train station at errol, i am sure i saw some pics somewhere?

Theres a few shots here of a few old buildings round about
The one with the arches etc is an old water mill just outside Dundee, not easy to find, but a lovely old building with full access

old water mill by Bruce Mo, on Flickr

Thank you bruce, I am gonna google it and see what I find

I was also looking here
but can't see anything in tayside area

is it this one by chance,
it all borded up though

No, its out toward Perth, opposite side of motorway
Its still got some machinery like big water pump thing, beside a wee burn and a big pond
Thought the old airport was a waste of time, apart from the old plane, but thats wrecked now
Theres also old Halleys mill beside blackscroft, which is pretty derelict and had a start made by a developer to rip her heart out for flats, but its intact (and fenced) looks easy to access tho
Did your local contact suggest any more?

No, its out toward Perth, opposite side of motorway
Its still got some machinery like big water pump thing, beside a wee burn and a big pond
Thought the old airport was a waste of time, apart from the old plane, but thats wrecked now
Theres also old Halleys mill beside blackscroft, which is pretty derelict and had a start made by a developer to rip her heart out for flats, but its intact (and fenced) looks easy to access tho
Did your local contact suggest any more?

No Bruce have not met them yet, that's happening tomorrow, but we seem to be doing a lot of online browsing. My action plan is to drive on a location possibly after work next week just to get a clear idea and then (finger cross on weather) photoshoot on sat 13th. You are being very helpful thank you very much I shall keep you updated

is it this one by chance,
it all borded up though

Bruce,
you said this is on the way to perth, but this is actually the old paper mill in guardbridge (St andrews area), am I missing something?

I also stumble across this, do you know it?

the wallace craigie works?broughty ferry

Built by a partnership of William Halley, (quote from the page you posted)
Thats the Halleys mill I mentioned
Re the gaurdbridge one, I meant thats not the one in my shot, which is half way to Perth
No problem claudio, I'd be happy to take you to both if I'm free when you're up and show you more options
If you like, pm your mob number and I'll text you mines

excellent I keep that in mind. I just met the girls, and she actually sounds great and very committed (which it doesnt happen often, or at least not to me). She's taking a tour this sunday with her man for the location (unfortunately i am not around) and then we might visit again together during the week. Photoshoot is agreed for next saturday, finger crossed everything works fine, there s also a professional mua booked, sounds all to professional for me lol

Sounds excellent, if theres room for another little nikon...... :)

Sounds excellent, if theres room for another little nikon...... :)

it's already 2 of us, but if you like another d90 is welcomed :)

they had a tour and the jute mill is not accessible, they came up with places like, the hilltown (skate park I think) some underpass in lochee, and the city quay. I am gonna search for errol now if I am not mistaking there's a disused train station there, so once again could do with more ideas, although i dont think we are gonna do more 2 or 3 different location, you want to speand time shooting and not travelling. We are meeting on saturday at about 12 i guess, she 's getting her mu after 11. In case you want to join in, do you know anybody who wants her photo taken? might end up having a big photoshoot :)

tonight after work i am driving to the old Halleys mill, just to realise how easy is to go in

Sorry, been busy mate
We could get into Halleys easy, or strathmartine hospital
The Lochee underpass has been closed recently
I'd love to come shoot with you guys (and bring the d700) but if its only d90 club, still got her too
Let me know when you're up this way

Sorry, been busy mate
We could get into Halleys easy, or strathmartine hospital
The Lochee underpass has been closed recently
I'd love to come shoot with you guys (and bring the d700) but if its only d90 club, still got her too
Let me know when you're up this way

it's not a d90 club, your d700 is more than welcomed :)

p.s. the halleys still looks great to me+ it's indoor so we casn go ahead even if it rains

Hopefully we can have a look round halleys and find a way in for the model, I'm more than happy going over the wall but realise models may not :)

Hopefully we can have a look round halleys and find a way in for the model, I'm more than happy going over the wall but realise models may not :)

she just said to me: I am happy to go I will put trainers on, after all we only live once and need to take chances.

Wish they were all like that :)

so if you cant meet me tomorrow I ll drop you a txt when i am leaving my house on sunday and hopefully we can meet in dd, she s getting make up done at 11 so hopefully around 12 (y)

Nice to meet you Claudio (y)
Always nice to meet someone as nutty as oneself, haha
hope the shoot comes off now, but do keep in touch. This is the good side of TP :clap:

If you fancy a wee trip north to Aberdeen there are large abandoned derelict buildings called Broadford Works just off George Street. Quite popular with photographers after the same as you up here. A search on flickr and google turns up loads of images if you fancy checking it out. Beware as building is quite dangerous in low light due to holes in floors and usual dangers of derelict buildings.

Back