Industrial

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
This was a fun job - 'somewhere in Farnborough' for the MoD. Better than being sat in the office twiddling me thumbs...

Took me ages to light it.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/Arkady01/Misc/DMOCJMOT1050120050E.jpg

Not absolutely happy with the expressions on the faces of the two subjects, but since they're not professional models (Barry from Accounts and Des from Mergers and Aquisitions type of thing...) and we'd been shooting for two hours, it was as good as it was going to get.

For a forthcoming Goverment White paper.

Can't work out what it is :) Obviously powered by hydraulics. Looks like it's for moving something?

Anyways... i was just marvelling at the lighting job. Did you have a bunch of lights on stands? They have heads inside the gizmo but the faces are well lit.

Nice job.

What did you light it with and did you have modelling lights .

I'm left wondering why you chose to highlight the yellow section behind your models and leave the bit they are focused on in shadow. Or am I missing the point of the message?

dazzajl said:
What did you light it with and did you have modelling lights .

I'm left wondering why you chose to highlight the yellow section behind your models and leave the bit they are focused on in shadow. Or am I missing the point of the message?

By the looks of it, it was a matter of take it and be damned as barry and des look like they are looking at something they know jack about ;) LOL

Its pretty well lit considering the conditions actually, have to put up with shadows, and metallic objects next to flesh with big flash guns dont mix so well ! ;)

Jesus, I'd hate to see the size of Brazil nuts that thing cracks ;)

Nice shot showing your photographic skills and lighting knowledge, however the dimentions and file size are well outside our rules so I have broken your

Three Bowens 500 heads and the SB800 on manual to trigger them. Constaints of space limited what I actually could get light to - there was only 28" to the left of the machine and the bowens stand was propped on a pile of magazines - very wobbly.
The machine is used to calibrate the laser-guidance warheads on Smart bombs.

The two guys in the photo are the project manager (left) and the guy who designed the machine (right).
They would never be anywhere near it in reality as it spins round pretty quick and would decapitate them both in a millisecond.

Sorry 'bout the file size - not sure what's going on there as the software I use to upload should have automatically resized them first. Unless you changed the dimensions...

Is a good picture, it came out at 926 * 615 pixels and 250 odd k in size, dont ya love auto resizing software that doesnt ! lol

Is a shame the guy that designed it looks like he thinks its a toaster or something ? ;) hehehehe

I used to be an enigeer, and did some work on the laser/camera sighting pod mountings on the Spectre Gunship, was 10 years ago so maybe they are still working ;) LOL

Back