inexpensive nikon filmbody

Name
Martin Phipps
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I am looking for a Niko film body to allow me to do some B&W photography. I currently have an old canon but this is not compatible with my Nik lenses so I am in the market for a Nikon F??.

So any advice on what I should get. My criteria are :

- Price : This is just for a wee bit of fun so I dont want anything flash and hopefully less that 50quid.

- Compatibility : Needs to work with modern Nik lenses with AF

Thats it really - have looked on ebay and seen some good bagains but need to do more research.

Not sure if they still have it, but I posted this a while back in the for sale bit..
If interested, let me know and I'll find out if they still have it !

OK, this belongs to a friend, so I have not used it, but it is in fair to good condition, has had little use, and comes with nothing else - no strap, manual etc
I gather it is worth something like 30 to 50 pounds, so if you want a film camera, why not offer me something like 40 quid plus postage, which won't be as much as a tenner I guess..

Not sure if they still have it, but I posted this a while back in the for sale bit..
If interested, let me know and I'll find out if they still have it !

OK, this belongs to a friend, so I have not used it, but it is in fair to good condition, has had little use, and comes with nothing else - no strap, manual etc
I gather it is worth something like 30 to 50 pounds, so if you want a film camera, why not offer me something like 40 quid plus postage, which won't be as much as a tenner I guess..

Thanks steve - what did you post. Can you send me the details.?

Am I stupid or what..
No need to answer, as I think I know...

It was/is a Nikon F65 with a 28 - 100mm lens (maybe tamron)

I'll email the person tosee if they still have it just in case..

found your post - an F65 right.

Let me know if it istill available. I have done some very brief research and this or a F55 looks about the right sort of thing.

Seems like you might be in luck..!
Just been told that she still has it, and I am expecting to hear more later..

You can pick up an F90x (N90s) for around £50 to £60 and it's fully compatible with all Nikkor and third party compatible lenses (even DX or G lenses when used in 'P' mode if you can live with some vignetting) Cracking AF system and matrix metering too.

Back