Inflatable Kayak??

Name
Daron
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been researching inflatable kayaks with a view to getting one for summer.

They're very popular in the US, where they are considered very capable on rivers & coastline, & I like the idea of putting it in the boot, of the car, for holidays etc.

This is one I like the look of, the TA 200;
http://www.inflataboat.350.com/Z_Pro_1.htm

I reckon they may make a reasonable floating photo hide, if the water is calm enough for a DSLR:eek:

Has anyone got any experience of them?

Never used them, but looks like fun!

Hi Daron

I can't comment on that make but I have a Stearns Cordova and it is excellent. They are surprisingly heavy once you get them out of the water but great fun too. I've taken loads of photo gear on mine also a tent and never had any issues, they're great for getting to those places that nobody else can.

The Stearns do look nice, Steve. I've considered the Spree 2 but have read that it's a bit of a squeeze for 2.

Have you used yours at sea, how do you find the handling when windy? (the weather, not you!)

The Stearns do look nice, Steve. I've considered the Spree 2 but have read that it's a bit of a squeeze for 2.

Have you used yours at sea, how do you find the handling when windy? (the weather, not you!)

Been used in the sea loads of times without problem. I've used it in windy conditions whilst touring the Highland lochs and I've never been concerned about the handling, although it did tend to drift a bit but you soon get used to it. I must admit it did take a bit of courage to take my camera gear on-board at first but it was certainly worth it in the end.

Sorry, never seen the Spree but I guess it would be a bit cramped for whoever is in the back seat.

I can recommend the quality of the Stearns products, I've had mine for about five years without problem.

Go for it and have fun (y)

I have had a poke at them in a Decathalon store at Stockport, they look sturdy enough but heavy

I was looking at one of these at Go Outdoors, 250 if I recall correctly. Surprisingly sturdy.

Thanks for your comments, guys.

I think I will take the plunge;), I just need to decide which one to get.

Back