Information on this car please

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes

See in Denmark on part of the cruise tour last week

Last edited:
thank you both I don't have a clue as to make but i think you make be right Grey. found this picture on internet a 1940s Ford F-1 pick up

Last edited:
that looks like a UK plate, but e119xjo is a red mazda b2200 pickup.
It's possible that it still is a Mazda B2200 pickup - chassis wise - engine wise etc - and that all the gumph of a body has been assembled onto it by some mad person with more money than sense. It's not going to be an 'original' vehicle looking like that registered in 1987.

It's possible that it still is a Mazda B2200 pickup - chassis wise - engine wise etc - and that all the gumph of a body has been assembled onto it by some mad person with more money than sense. It's not going to be an 'original' vehicle looking like that registered in 1987.
Could 1987 be when it was imported, and it would receive a 1987 plate?

Unlikely - if an age can't be determined it would have been given a Q plate to my knowledge - and as it's registered to a Mazda already - I would suspect my explanation would be pretty close to what's happened here :)

Last edited:
I notice the wiper blades descend from the roof, this is different to the red one I found on the internet picture

I notice the wiper blades descend from the roof, this is different to the red one I found on the internet picture

That could just be an 'age' thing. I was looking at a bunch of Ford GPWs at the weekend and noticed that one had wipers at the bottom of the screen all the rest were at the top. Asking about this I was told that the odd one was built in 1945 and the others were all 1942/43

It could still be a Mazda. Don't forget, back in those days Japanese Companies copied most of the manufactured products they produced. Look at cameras for a start!

To me it looks like a pre-WWII design (which makes it pre-Ford F1 - which are all squarer anyway I think). It does have the look of a pre-war Ford sedan. In the 1980's the Japanese weren't copying pre-war designs of car bodies so the idea that it is a mazda seems far fetched.

Does the cross pattee on the door give any clues? I know the Prussians used it for their medal and heavy metal fans in the 1980s seemed keen on it but what about other users?

I'd be inclined to search for images of Fords from the late 1930's and early 1940s. You'll almost certainly find something similar but I don't think they will have a model name beyond something like 'sedan' pickup or sedan truck.

Dropping an old rat body onto a new chassis seems not to be unusual, a quick google turns up lots of examples. Can make a reliable daily driver with an unusual look.

Speaking of the look, the patina is probably a lot newer than you'd think. The cross on the door is an aesthetic rather than historic clue.

Dropping an old rat body onto a new chassis seems not to be unusual, a quick google turns up lots of examples. Can make a reliable daily driver with an unusual look.

Speaking of the look, the patina is probably a lot newer than you'd think. The cross on the door is an aesthetic rather than historic clue.

I know...there is something a bit odd parked on the driveway outside my house (though it is correctly detailed with DVLA).

The 'patina' looks totally artificial and as though they want it to look like a barn find...that said, they have put the cross on it for a reason and whilst I agree that the whole look is likely to be aesthetic that doesn't preclude a possible historic motivation. I'm just throwing ideas into the pot Alastair.
I don't know much about cars - a means of getting from A to C...the two outside that are modified are to cope with B ;-)

Street rat, rat rod.. it's an aesthetic. You'll see lots of them at car shows.

You should have left your name and email/tel no. under the wiper on the windscreen. You might have found the true provenance.

Back