Infrared film source?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Something I haven't thought about doing before. But I am doing a location shoot with a model next week and I thought it might be interesting to try some infrared shots on film along with the digital shots.

Problem is finding a stockist of colour IR film. Does anyone here know where I can get hold of some. Something like Kodak HIE. And I guess - where do I get it processed?

Thanks

SilverPrint have IR film, you might need to use a filter with it.
What format, 120 is a shade scarcer than 35mm

Kodak Ektachrome EIR is about the only false colour IR film I know about. You can get it processed as standard E6.

I haven't tried it myself but I suggest you bracket your shots as it's a tranny film and your metering isn't going to be set for IR.

Googling says use an EI of about 200-350 and a deep yellow filter

HTH

The Kodak was the one I wanted to try. The problem is finding someone who stocks it. It seems an impossible task.

It was discontinued last year, if there is any, it'll be thin on the ground.
You're better off trying a different manufacturer.

Oh typical lol. There seems to be plenty on E-bay but the problm there is you dont know how it's been stored so I wouldnt bother. Looks like getting a digital converted is the only way to go with IR now then.

Why ?, you know it isn't the same.

Ilford SFX and Adox IR are IR films, but you need a filter, Rollei 820 might be the same as Adox with a different name.

I have a roll of 120 Rollei IR, god knows when I'll get round to shooting it...:shrug:

Yes but am I not correct in sayng those are BW film? I have a particular thing in mind that I would need to do in colour.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was colour, I hate Kodak so I try hard not to know anything about it:LOL:

"Kodak, citing lack of enough demand and in the middle of a corporate transformation to a mostly-digital company, unceremoniously dropped HIE at the end of 2007, and all existing stock quickly ran out. Unfortunately there is no current color infrared film available for consumers."

Looks like you were right, its Ebay :( or photoshop..double :(

Ah well - they would probably have turned out sh***e anyway :)

Thanks for the input.

Hey thanks for the link Raa - I might see if I can get some after all altohugh I doubt it will get here in time for the shoot I wanted it for. Still want to have a play with it anywa so thanks for coming up with the link.

Linky

This place appears to sell it.

HIE was discontinued but I thought EIR was still around?

Tried ordering some of this (Ektachrome EIR). Just got an email saying they don't have any and can't get any so they're taking it off the site. Which makes one want to ask why haven't they done this sooner.

Aaaarrrrgghhhh! I give up :)

Back