Instant Prints - Where?

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I've never really printed any photos before, but want to get one done tomorrow as a bit of a last-minute gift for someone.

Two problems I have:
- I vaguely remember seeing machines in supermarkets that I could use myself, but no one's websites seem to acknowledge that such things exist, or what format I need to take. Will a jpg on a USB stick work? And which shops / supermarkets tend to do them? Tried websites if Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and Jessops and they all just talk about ordering prints online for delivery.
- Do I have any options for printing at 4:3 aspect ratio? I want something a little like a large postcard, but most formats seem to be 3:2, and I don't have much scope in the image to crop.

Any suggestions massively appreciated. Or if you know of somewhere specific in either Fareham or Bracknell I'm happy to try a smaller shop, just have left it a little late to start wandering around aimlessly looking for photo printing shops.

Thanks,

David

places like boots, jessops, adsa will do them in about 1 hour but only small sizes and boots should have an instant kodak machine too

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Ended up just wandering into town to see what i could find, and ended up in Jessops. Not instant, but they said 20mins is usual. Have to say i was disappointed by the first (4x6" glossy) print - just looked like there was far too much ink on the paper, lacked any sort of subtlety to the tones. Decided to re-print it on their less-glossy (can't remember what they called it, wasn't quite matt though) paper and came out much nicer. Just a shame i'd had to be in there 45mins to get something good. Oh well, i'll know for next time (or at least i'll know to get prints done more than 3hrs before i need it!)

Thanks again,

David

Snappy Snaps?

Most of the photo kiosks will do sizes of 6x4, 7x5 and 6x8" prints. There are some that will do 6x9". If you are lucky you should also be able to find shops that can do 10x8 and 12x8" instant printing.

Back