Insurance

Have you spoke to your home contents insurance provider or looked at a different home contents provider.

As long as you’re not a pro tog then really worth looking at the home contents with cover outside home, providing s/n for the higher value stuff.

I find it really cos5 effective for more cover than you’re looking at although i dont have a 500mm prime in the mix

Hi

Sorry not had to claim so not sure what that would be like but I use eversure.

My 800, 300, 100-400 lenses (+ other gear) raised my house buildings + contents cover by less than 10% for "all risks" cover so long as I don't take them off Planet.

Well worth asking your existing insurers as dedicated camera insurance was one and a half times the cost of covering my gear + my house and contents!

My 800, 300, 100-400 lenses (+ other gear) raised my house buildings + contents cover by less than 10% for "all risks" cover so long as I don't take them off Planet.

Well worth asking your existing insurers as dedicated camera insurance was one and a half times the cost of covering my gear + my house and contents!
Ditto, but for my 600 f4 and 200 1.8...you have to name them and everything else is covered under £2000 value.

Double check the small print. A friend of mine found he wasn’t insured after all because he had a website and was therefore considered a professional. Sorry I don’t know which company it was, but they didn’t cover him when he dropped and damaged a lens.

Back