Interesting clouds this morning

I feel bound to ask about each image - does it reveal or stimulate a new emotional truth, or is it just a style statement?

Images of profoundly altered colour and / or tone can tread a knife-edge between these states, and fall one way or the other.

I respond to the second and third images equally, if that helps.

I feel bound to ask about each image - does it reveal or stimulate a new emotional truth, or is it just a style statement?

Images of profoundly altered colour and / or tone can tread a knife-edge between these states, and fall one way or the other.

I respond to the second and third images equally, if that helps.

Thanks Roj.

That's a good question about emotions or style, and perhaps these are both, though they've arrived at the first accidentally as a resut of trying to acheive the second.

Looking at the first image now after I've popped it up, it seems like the sky is almost being torn into shreds above the trees, while in the second the clouds appear to be swirling around like water going down a plughole and starting to draw the tree in. The third image has almost exactly the same sky as the second, but there's not enough space, so that although it's more dramatic, the trees standing in front shelter the viewer from the force of what's happening.

I can't claim to have planned this - I just drove to work and stopped long enough to get a few shots off when I saw the cloud formations. Processing was a mix of trying to balance out the drama in the sky while preventing flaws in the sensor causing streaks and also giving a bit of life & warmth to the trees. Trying to enhance what was there, more than intentionally developing a message, which I only really saw after coming back a couple of hours later.

this IR style is not for me usually, but I do like the black and white one

Thanks Pierre.

…out of this world…in both colour spaces!

Really like the first, the tress pointing to the vastness of the sky and the dark blue-black beyond the clouds indicating that there is more beyond I think meets @droj 's criteria

Back