Internal Card Reader

Edit My Images
Yes
Just built a new PC so might as well put a card reader in I guess. I'd prefer to just slot CF's into it rather than find a USB lead and fiddle about with the camera...

What's the best one to go for? I see cheap £7 jobbies on Play but I dunno much about them. How do you judge their speed and so on?

Build quality on these things is often poor, I've had usb sockets in 2 come apart on me. Admittedly they were cheap eBay but I don't think anyone makes quality ones.

Yeah after looking for most of last night it seems like that's the case. :(

I have one which i got from maplin, cost about £15. It's an AKASA, not had any problems with it since i got it(18 months ago), and it's been in my last 2 pc's. No problems on win 7(64 bit) and xp.

I've had an Advance multi media card reader in my last 2 PCs and it's still going strong after nearly 5 years.

:plus1: for the Akasa, had mine for nearly a year now and never had a problem with it. Also, and I dont know if its just me, it seems a lot faster to upload files compared to the old usb card reader / cable thing I used to used.

anything will work and be quicker than reading through the camera (which is slowed by the camera)

I need to pick up a usb one soonish as my new lappy doesn't have an expresscard slot and I thought it did

Akasa stuff is of a good quality and reasonably priced so I would vote that way too. The best one I have seen was given to me by DONALD for the computer we built for JADEYLADY but I have no idea what make it was!

Back