Introduction

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, as you can see this is my first post so be gentle :) . I've just found this site by accident and it looks really good, some great advice and stunning images.

About me: I started photography last July and got myself a Nikon D70 with the intention of photographing my wife competing on her horse and images of the kids but I soon discovered the joys of macro and a Sigma 180mm macro lens was added to the bag. This year I'm hoping to buy a D200 and 70-200VR lens along with a few other bits and pieces. Anyway, enough rambling, I've posted a few pics to give you an idea of the type of shooting I do, I hope I haven't broken any rules and I'd appreciate any comments you may have.

Thanks,

Colin.

This first image is of my son enjoying himself whilst we were at a charity cricket match and to me typifies a British summer.

Cricket-match008.jpg

A tulip in the garden from a few days ago

Garden2-27th-April007.jpg

This was taken not long after I got my camera and I've called it Lily Dreams

Hoverflies-9th-Aug030crop.jpg

A raindrop on a Dogwood branch

Water-22nd-Sept024.jpg

The next three were taken during the winter when I was bored with the inclement weather. The first is smoke from an incense stick, the second is the incense stick reversed and water dripping on it and the third is water drips from the tap with a place mat behind and OOF.

smoke2029.jpg

Water-10th-Dec062.jpg

Water-12th-Feb025.jpg

Finally, one of wife at her first one-day event a few weeks ago.

Potton9thApril2006038.jpg

Well you've obvously got talent :). love the 1st and 5th shots in particular

That 1st shot is a corker.....& in the last I'm not sure who looks more scared of the jump...your missus or the horse ;)

Hello. Thanks for your comments and welcome aboard - as long as you're not going to hack us! ;)

No need to feel shy about posting shots like those. :)

Some great shots, you obviously have diversity, aswell as good technique:)

Welcome aboard(y)

Welcome :)

Some great shots there! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the forums.

Hi, and welcome. You have some great shots there - love the 1st one with the nice strong, vibrant colours.

Gemok said:
Well you've obvously got talent :). love the 1st and 5th shots in particular

I totally agree! Excellent shots, being a lover of flower and macro photography this is making me gag for a DSLR for sure! :crying:

welcome along, glad you accidentally found us! Excellent pictures, i look forward to seeing many more of them

Back