iOS 11 issues

Name
Ravinder Bindra
Edit My Images
Yes
anyone having any issues with the new update from Apple?

Ever since updating it yesterday, my notes is running super slow when typing and deleting something. When I type or delete it takes forever for the screen to catch up with what I’m doing like there’s a time delay. It’s doing my head in as I heavily rely on my notes app.

I have tried this. I have the exact same issue on my iPad also with notes.

Notes is ok for me , but safari is running like a bag o’s***e.

The only issue I have is copying and pasting numbers. Why does Apple think that every number is a phone number and now when you paste it they add “tel:” in front of it.

Anybody know how to disable that. It’s driving me bloody mad :mad:

Ever since updating it yesterday, my notes is running super slow when typing and deleting something. When I type or delete it takes forever for the screen to catch up with what I’m doing like there’s a time delay. It’s doing my head in as I heavily rely on my notes app.

That's not an issue, it's a feature.

A feature designed to make you have to buy a new iPhone.

There's an ever-growing list of gripes with iOS11, vastly reported battery-life problems, speed problems (caused by Spotlights initial index so should resolve itself), and to cap it off problems with the default mail app when talking to Exchange servers, be it private, hosted or Office 365. Can't believe a bug so huge and widespread was missed from QA! Needless to say we've blocked the update on our company phones for the time-being, MD would lose the plot if he lost email comms.

Had an issue with apple pay the other day. Wonder if it's down to iOS11. Took me for ever to get it to pay

Past experience has taught me never to update to new iOS straight away if on old hardware. As good as Apple products are and as much as I love it, their software updates suck.

I updated on the day and (touch wood) had no issues at all. Everything appears to be working without issue.

The issue is till present and it’s really doing my head in. I’ll give Apple a call tomorrow.

Assuming you mean the Apple Notes app, no problems here, iPad Air2 and iPhone 6+. Lots of iPad memory cleared with the new features, everything noticeably faster except the new copy/paste (which is great) makes “right click” a bit slower until I got the hang of it.
Maybe try a power off or hard reset to cure Notes. Maybe turn off iCloud synching and back on.

Glitch! The pull down feature on the new keyboard has stopped working.

No issues on 5s (where I was expecting them) or iPad 10.5 (where I was not). Both have been on public betas since beta 3ish.

There is an initial 'reindex' that takes time (and power), but once that's over, the 5s is actually faster then before for normal ops.

Still working fine for me. You tried a reset or reboot?
No reset yet. It seems it only fails in the edit box here at TP. It works at first and then fails as it just has at the start of this sentence but was OK as I started writing ... and now it has come back again, weird!

Yes but shockingly bad/uninformative article even by El Reg standards, as pointed out by most of the commentards. It even seems to cite the lack of support for 32 bit apps as a fault whereas it is an improvement that was signalled ages ago and relevant apps were flagged up in settings.
Their “reviewl”” was equally bad — the “reviewerl”**confessed to not using his iPad in years and didn’t even cite what machine he was testing it on.

** the failure of the sliding keyboard I referred to earlier has struck again here an I’ve left it as typed. The quote mark at the start of the words review and reviewer works with pull down but at the end it gives the default l (L). This is reproducible even on going back and re-editing. Weird!

Well after a few days the only issues I have noticed are:

Do Not Disturb on my Apple Watch is not automatically mirroring my iPhone 7Plus. It activates, but is no longer deactivating, requiring it to be done manually.

Sync between Nokia Health Mate and Health used to be instantaneous, now I have to wait for the data to appear.

Battery life has taken a hit, but that was to be expected and should sort itself out.

Back