iOS 8 worth it or not?

Make sure that all your apps that you use are available for iOS8

My New York Pal has had problems - he has a LOT of Photo Apps and not many are yet for iOS8 [ has iPad Mini and an iPhone ]

Make sure you have plenty of room available - this gave him problems with the iPhone - he had to delete apps.

his comment was
TBH, I just warned someone if they can live without the upgrade, do so. I have an 8GB phone, and the OS is taking up almost 6GB

No issue sheer either. I've avoided setting up iCloudDrive until I update my Macs to Yosemite.

If space is likely to be an issue during the update, do it via iTunes.

I believe it only needs a lot of space during the upgrade itself (though I stand to be corrected)

If space is likely to be an issue during the update, do it via iTunes.

I believe it only needs a lot of space during the upgrade itself (though I stand to be corrected)

You are right about the space required in handset if doing the update OTA isn't an issue for iTunes updating, also I've seen it recommend doing the update through iTunes as it seems to have less possible issues after the update. Almost everyone on McRumors who complains of poor battery seems to have OTA updated.

Make sure that all your apps that you use are available for iOS8

My New York Pal has had problems - he has a LOT of Photo Apps and not many are yet for iOS8 [ has iPad Mini and an iPhone ]

Make sure you have plenty of room available - this gave him problems with the iPhone - he had to delete apps.

his comment was
iOS8 requires just over 1gb when installed, always update via iTunes its more reliable and doesn't require the extra space to install

I can't say I've come anything that doesn't work. Sure during the beta stage it was a little testing but that is what it is for. Apple was quick to respond and fix the Bluetooth and lightning connections for my car systems and all is working fine.

Ps gopro app works fine on my 6 Plus, haven't tried it on my 5S with the gold master but it worked before on the betas.

working fine on my i-pad 2 ,different but not slowed it down despite dire warnings from my lad that it would

working fine on my i-pad 2 ,different but not slowed it down despite dire warnings from my lad that it would

Same here, seems to have given the iPad 2 a new lease of life, definite improvement over ios 7 on it.

Barclays app doesn't work on iPhone under ios8

Works fine on mine (iPhone 6 & iPad Air), just a passing thought did you update the App for IOS8 ?

Works fine on mine (iPhone 6 & iPad Air), just a passing thought did you update the App for IOS8 ?

yes latest version across the board, doesn't work on 5s or 6 both ios8 yet it does work on iPad with ios8. Very odd and not uncommon (based on Google results).

All good here, and I used the GoPro app to set up a video and check exposure at the weekend without issues. It hasn't been updated yet, but was fine on my iPhone 5S.

iPad mini here, the first gen version, iOS 8 installed with no issues [yet]. Had to dump some hefty apps to make space for the install, but they were ones where I knew I wouldn't lose any date - like Hearthstone, 1.5GB - you sign in rather than depend on saves. In case anyone is worried about the space lost, you gain it back after install is complete.

DON'T update to 8.0.1 if you see it available!

Killing cellular reception and creating issues with TouchID is seems.
Read that earlier. Not available on my iPhone yet, but there for the iPad. I'll wait a bit.

The update has been yanked by Apple, so won't be showing for anyone looking now (or at least shouldn't be).

I guess "it just works..." no longer applies! :LOL:

I'm glad I followed my hunch and avoided all things update this time around.

The update has been yanked by Apple, so won't be showing for anyone looking now (or at least shouldn't be).

I guess "it just works..." no longer applies! :LOL:

I'm glad I followed my hunch and avoided all things update this time around.

Yep, I think there will be the equivalent of a few P45's being handed out tomorrow...

Ditto. I have IPhone 6 Plus (EE) with newly installed IOS 8.0.2 and app works fine. Did so when I got the 6 Plus with 8.0.0.

Does the app install? If so, what does it say to prevent it from opening?

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Back