iPad 4 - iBooks no longer opening PDF's

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
I am having a problem with my iPad 4 not opening PDF's in iBooks anymore. Basically, what happens is, when I click on a PDF in iBooks, i get the spinning 'loading' symbol appear over the PDF, it does this for a few minutes, then disappears, but nothing happens. The pDF does not open. I have tried doing a reset of the iPad (Home + Lock button), and this sometimes allows me to open 1 PDF, but if I try to open a second, i ge the same issue. I have looked around on the internet and a lot of people seem to have this problem, but most people just suggest doing a reset, which I have already done...

This hasnt always happen, was working fine up until about 1 month or so ago... Any suggestions?

Managed to sort it in the end. Deleted all of the PDFs from the device, some of which then duplicated them selves 3 times. To get rid of these duplicates I had to delete 1, reset the ipad, delete the next 1, reset again..etc etc. got there in the end though. I have now just copied the ones I had not read back on, seems to be working ok.

A bit annoyed that the problem seems to be that it just could not handle the large number of PDFs on there (about 130)...

Back