1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. holty

holty

Edit My Images:
    No
    if i buy a 64gb iPad pro will i be able
    to plug a sd card reader into it with an adapter
    and view the pictures thats on the card ?

i know it can be done on an samsung s2 tab 8inch

2. sunnyside_up

sunnyside_up POTY (Joint) 2016

Name:
    Bethy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You can, in theory, with the right adapter. But I find it a bit hit and miss... sometimes it errors and will throw up a message of incompatibility. Other times it’s fine.

holty likes this.
  3. strumstrum

strumstrum

Edit My Images:
    No
    Ive only ever had that problem with 3rd party adapters, official Apple one always tip top

sunnyside_up, holty and Dave1 like this.
  4. ChrisH

ChrisH

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You would need the correct lightening SD card reader. I used to use one with an iPad.

More to the point is why an iPad pro. I had one for a few days and to be honest didn't get on with it. At the end of the day it's just a little iPad with a big screen. Then again it is a case of horses for courses.

holty likes this.
  5. Dave1

Dave1

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I would agree, the official Apple lightning SD adapter works perfectly, and has done so with the iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.

sunnyside_up and holty like this.
  6. Dave1

Dave1

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You know there are 3 iPad Pro models? Not just the 12.9” model, there is also a 9.7” and 10.5”. The screen is superior on the Pro models with a True Tone display (makes a difference for photo viewing/editing and far superior audio. You also get the Pencil for more precise work or note taking if you wish.

The current iPad 2017 (the Air 2 is discontinued) is a nasty step backwards, it’s bigger and heavier and has a cheaper screen with is not laminated and does not have the anti-reflection coating. I used one for about 6 weeks and hated it after the Air 2.

holty and sphexx like this.
  7. ChrisH

ChrisH

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You just reminded me I still have an iPad pen I need to get rid of :D

8. strumstrum

strumstrum

Edit My Images:
    No
    Yeah like you say horses for courses, some will gel some will not..

I am in the gel with it camp.. I have rarely touched my MBA or W10 machine since getting the Pro (w/ Keyboard and Pencil & USB adapter).. I use CC and Affinity for photo editing, GarageBand for music recording(guitar, bass, drums and midi keyboard) it does it quick it does it way beyond a level I need and its the easiest way to do the tasks.

9. Nawty

Nawty

Name:
    Ned
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I actually find it rather good, and have all but stopped using my Macbook Pro since getting one, it's fun for editing images too and great for travel.

Yes please :D

Dave1 likes this.
  10. Mark Dell

Mark Dell

Name:
    Mark D
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have just posted on the other question on here.
    I use mine for editing a lot and have the cloud based LR subscription. I use a mixture of LR and affinity app perfect for this device.

11. stickytape

stickytape

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I could do with one too please haha! If for sale let me know!

Cheers