iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Apple have just announce the iPad the name for the Apple 's Tablet.

No more info as yet

I want one, now :dummy:

Started off badly but getting better with iWork, hopefully there will be a way to transfer photos directly from camera to the iPad and have a similar program to the more heavyweight looking iWork apps (Aperture mobile?) and use it as a mobile editing device. :)

Hmmm good point. I LOVE the look of the email and the fact they seem to have a whole new OS running - if they can install 3rd party games I hope they will be able to do the above.

WHOA! 3G version with subscription! Cant imagine many using that when they have built in wifi .... Unless they are serious commuters?

Starts at $499!! Awesome! £350 ish once tax man has got involved (y)

From what I hear it doesn't have flash which kind of sucks.

Main thing for me though is the name, iPad? Really?! There's A LOT of accents that when you say iPod and iPad, the exact same thing comes out, seems ridiculous.

*waits for Apple fan boys to jump on me!*

$829 with 64GB WiFi and 3G! This has turned out to be an outstanding resurrection of the Newton (y)

Well done Apple; oh yes, big time Apple fan boy here :p

what a piece of rubbish...

last year, they took the mick out of anything between a phone and a laptop with a graphic of someone trying to shove an eeepc into their back pocket

they start this one off saying they want something between a phone and a laptop that does email, video, music, office well

they then produce something without a keyboard priced at around or slightly above a netbook, that does all of the above fine, and claim that it is of course magically superior to everything ever.

Tap and pray keyboards will still always be tap and pray, no matter how much the turtleneck wearing techjesus screams 'I hate buttons laalalalalala'...

also, am I the only one who thinks that it's kinda ugly really? looks a bit... squashed like the last series ipod nanos, but without the scroll wheel to break it up...

edit: wait, and this thing STILL can't run more than one application at a time! wtf! how useless...

I reckon you use Windows ;) (I'm an apple fanboy but this hasn't really bowled me over at all )

...., no matter how much the turtleneck wearing techjesus screams 'I hate buttons laalalalalala'...

I love how you describe him; very nicely put :LOL:

I'm really disappointed, it just seems like a really big iPhone to me and I'm a Mac user as well lol so I'd rather have an iPhone really.

Well what a surprise an over-priced big Ipod Touch and as usual from Apple it's 'revolutionary':LOL:. Obviously the polo-necked Jesus has forgotten the Newton.

No doubt they'll sell shed loads to the gullible, sorry discerning public ;), helped no end by the huge amounts of free publicity from the non-critical media around the world.

So it's an iPhone with a big screen?

It looks like more of a gadget to me....nice for watching videos, and viewing photos....

But by the looks of it, it only runs iPhone apps?? What's the point?

Think I'd rather have a Dell Mini running OS X :confused:

...Let's see how long it takes George Hotz to hack this one...

Awwwww...shame - I was hoping for a Macbook Wheel... :LOL:

Looks like it'd be nice to use, as most Apple products are, but other than that it's a bit of a disappointment imho. No flash support? No multitasking? Hmmm...

It'll depend on the UK price point, as to weather a lot of people will consider one I reckon... but I personally don't see as much as a need for a "middle machine" (between the iphone and Macbook,) as Jobs made-out. :shrug:

Nice, but not particularly groundbreaking. :shake:

Full details are on apple.com website now!
No ordering yet though :(

Awwwww...shame - I was hoping for a Macbook Wheel... :LOL:

Looks like it'd be nice to use, as most Apple products are, but other than that it's a bit of a disappointment imho. No flash support? No multitasking? Hmmm...

It'll depend on the UK price point, as to weather a lot of people will consider one I reckon... but I personally don't see as much as a need for a "middle machine" (between the iphone and Macbook,) as Jobs made-out. :shrug:

Nice, but not particularly groundbreaking. :shake:

I guess its "horses for courses" as for me its the perfect "middle machine". I've wanted such a device for reading/surfing/emailing for a long time. I work a HUGE amount which involves a lot of document and email reading. The iPhone is too small for comfortable document reading and a laptop is often just too big, cumbersome and inconvenient for sofa/airport/lobby reading. And I need two devices, I will often be on a conference call or phoning my office to comment or collaborate on the document I'm reading.

If you are a busy worker who spends allot of time travelling I can see you wanting this.

Just my 2p worth.

Barney

Same here. I don't have a mac or iPhone, so theres no conflict for me. A touchscreen device for general browsing, emailing etc would be spot on.

I'll wait to here a few more details, but the 3g sounds like the perfect device for me :)

From the apple website:

And there are lots of ways to import photos: you can sync them from your computer, download them from an email, or import them directly from your camera using the Apple Camera Connection Kit.

im not buying one yet because

a) i dont have the cash
b) im not keen on macs so i will wait for a windows equivalent
c) the first batch will have issues as do most brand new gadgets, then there will be a new version out next year that fixes all the patches

Just read the comments, not seen it / just in from Tea....

I already know I want it though :D It's a touch screen photo frame for viewings. Sold :)

So is that it then? Nothing more to come?
Was hopine for iPhone OS 4 at least :(

I just see this as an impractical device. Damage to the screen would be my biggest concern. An open notebook/laptop has more to grap onto should it slip.

I run the same risk of damage to my iphone, but as it's small and compact, it's easy to protect. Drop this..... expensive!!

I guess its "horses for courses" as for me its the perfect "middle machine". I've wanted such a device for reading/surfing/emailing for a long time. I work a HUGE amount which involves a lot of document and email reading. The iPhone is too small for comfortable document reading and a laptop is often just too big, cumbersome and inconvenient for sofa/airport/lobby reading. And I need two devices, I will often be on a conference call or phoning my office to comment or collaborate on the document I'm reading.

If you are a busy worker who spends allot of time travelling I can see you wanting this.

Just my 2p worth.

Barney

The answer is to reinvent the laptop!!!! I do not think this goes that far, it is just not capable enough, not enough storage, not enough connectivity.

im not buying one yet because

a) i dont have the cash
b) im not keen on macs so i will wait for a windows equivalent
c) the first batch will have issues as do most brand new gadgets, then there will be a new version out next year that fixes all the patches

Which is of course all eminently sensible. But heck its a shiny new gadget.
To hell with sensible :D

I am - and I don't :)

I travel internationally every week and the last thing I need in my life is one more device, one more charger or any other associated cr*p that goes along with it. I can't work away from home for a week with an obverbloated non multi tasking iPod Touch. I need a laptop to work on and a phone to make calls with. I don't have a need for this.

I am very surprised this got launched to be honest. I know there were rumours of it etc but I'm not sure there will be much of an audience for it.

Personally won't be getting one, just too cumbersome to carry around and I'd rather have the full functionality of a MacBook or similar...

iPhone OS 4 would be a welcome though! :)

LOL a gadget where you can't view flash galleries ie simpleviewer.

64GB

From the apple website:
And there are lots of ways to import photos: you can sync them from your computer, download them from an email, or import them directly from your camera using the Apple Camera Connection Kit.

This could become a VERY useful mobile editing tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back