Ipad3 event (New Apple stuff)

I personally always skip a generation with the apple mobile devices and I usually do it in 3's

so ipad1 to ipad 3 i'll skip 4 and buy 5

Ah but there won't be an iPad 4 or 5, just as there is no iPad 3, it's The New iPad :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Raymond Lin said:
pre-order all sold out, now 3 weeks wait from launch date...

Oh. Was going to sell my iPad 1 and get one. Looks like I will have to wait then.

joescrivens said:
And that is lame I have to say I groaned when I saw that

Yes it is not the marketings team shinniest moment is it :)

Joe... You DO have a sense of humour... ;) :D Nice video.

Pc is redundant! Ipad is worth every penny!
I only use pc for my photographs. Just my point of view. :)

this was funny

[YOUTUBE]mFzJxGwqpOU[/YOUTUBE]

Funny and true....

I've decided against the 'new iPad' and I've ordered a nice shinny MacBook Pro instead. Whilst I lose some of the flexibility of the iPad it's a tried and tested workhorse for University students.

Hi,

I'm waiting for the iPad 15, I think its due out around Autumn 2013

Mike.

Must say I have been using the iPad 1 that was passed on to the other half a bit this afternoon, and forgot how slick the apps are compared to the **** on android. Can't wait for the iPad3 to arrive so I can flog the Samsung!

I have just had a look at the new iPad - i accept that I'm old and eyesight is not as good as it once was so need to ask a question. Is it really that much better than an iPad 2 (or iPad 1)? I really couldn't see that much of a difference.

I'm not an Apple knocker, we own lots of Apple kit.

i found the new screen has a ever so slight warmer tone. Only noticeable when put side by side with iPad 1.

Daughter has brought one into the house, her b/f has bought her one for her 18th birthday [not till next week, but she already has it] so I guess at some point I will get to have my first proper play on an iPad3 [any iPad for that matter]... for now, she is at work, and Yves Geza has discovered Angry Birds :wacky:

Pc is redundant! Ipad is worth every penny!
I only use pc for my photographs. Just my point of view. :)

Until you get a couple of months down the line and play with your laptop again, then realise how annoying tablets actually are for anything more than a 5 minute browse...

At least that's what happened to me. My Tochpad has been lying on my desk uncharged for months.

Hi,

I'm waiting for the iPad 15, I think its due out around Autumn 2013

Mike.

One release a year isn't much! Come on!:LOL:

Last edited:
Very interesting article on the dominance of the iPad I read today

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn..._unbeatable_ipod_success_.html?wpisrc=sl_ipad

While there are a few errors in that article the general theme is pretty good. It also highlights what scares me a little about the whole tablet market at the moment. One device, just one device is taking the lions share of the market. If Apple do manage to push most of the other manufacturers out of the sector then we as consumers will be in massive trouble.

Just one device released each year would give consumers basically no choice. You could argue that MS have had this in the computer market for a couple of decades but at least with them there are dozens/hundreds/thousands of different devices Windows runs on, massive consumer choice. Even at a push adding iPhones in that gives two devices each year that most people would have the choice from.

Luckily it's very unlikely to get anywhere near that stage. If so we will probably end up with two or three major players with reasonable market shares and a few smaller players around the side, giving us hundreds of devices to choose from all in three or four major OSs.

Then hopefully with the increase in in app purchases and the prevalence of multi OS apps (companies releasing the same app on several platforms) it will mean we can jump from ecosystem to ecosystem with relative ease, just downloading the same app from the new OS's market and having all the stuff you purchased on your previous device available to you (for example the kindle app - although that adds another question about shut in ecosystems but it's a good example of the ease of what can be done for switching between, for example iOS, Android and Windows 8/phone).

EDIT: Sorry, massive English fail in that post, but it's a Sunday and I can't be bothered to re-write it...:

Last edited:
Got my new I pad 3 from the store in Aberdeen , just wondering what is the best apps for editing raw photos ?? Any comments good or bad ???

Cheers guys

Only one for editing photos on iPad is Snapseed, really good and you can keep your originals and have the post process stuff on your camera roll.

Anyone know what stock of the new iPad is like? Looking to invest new week hopefully, are there stocks anywhere, most online is saying shipping in 1-2 weeks.

I bought mine from my local pc world
At week. Try going to pc world online and pick the one you want and reserve online. It will then tell you if your local pc world has one in stock

Thanks for that. Never thought of that as silly as it sounds.

Probably worth visiting your local PC World / Currys, as I understand, their system only shows stock on line when they have 5+ units in stock in store.

Under 5 units and the click and collect will return a no stock result.

Bought mine from the local Tesco store on saturday, they had a couple in stock.

This is my first ipad so can't compare to others but it really is a nice bit of kit, just need a case + the camera connection thingy and I'm set (y)

visit play.com as they have stock

Back