Ipex 2006

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
If anyone is interested, the largest print/graphics exhibition is about to start next week at the NEC. It only comes around every 4 years (its the world cup of the print industry) You have everything and anything to do with print from massive 10 colour printing machines there setup and running to epson desktops. Its over 8 days and if you follow the link below you can get an 8 day pass for FREE. I'm going on the Sunday. You also get people like Adobe there doing shows with all the packages including photoshop, Apple always have a big stand.....list is endless, Canon are there too, not sure if they'll have cameras certainly will have printers.

You have all the big paper merchants so you get freebies too, in fact you get freebies all over. It makes for a good day out.

This show takes up the whole of the NEC thats how big it is.

http://www.ipex.org/page.cfm/Link=146/t=m/goSection=4

I went to this one year (back when i was an apprentice), many moons ago now, it is huge and you end up with stacks of freebies.

Yeh its a cool day out, had an idea might take a couple of pics on a flash pen and get one of the large format printer stands to run 'em off...BIG style.

Thats a good idea, we have an Epson 10000 at work B0 size. Comes in handy sometimes.

Know what you mean ;) ;) Great for foreigners!

Im working at the NEC this Sun/Mon ... unfortunately Ill be at the British Beauty Exhibition though :confused:
Wonder if I could slip out at lunchtime & check out whats going on at the graphics ex. .... freebies & Adobe sound a bit too tempting to pass up!

Looking at the registration form you have to be in the trade for a free pass.

No just fill in the details, my wife works in recruitment advertising and she had no problems got here pass already. It is open to the general public its just that the form is aimed to get info on your business/company you work for, because at the end of the day this is where a lot of the print trade does its major deals i.e the new press we are having at work costs just over 1 million pounds. They want to target info and sales directly to your needs, requirements. If you've never seen how the printing process works from start to finish, its a great day out.

yes it is a great day out, and if you are in the trade put your job title as managing director, systems manager, production manager and see just how many more freebies you get

Yeh thats a good one, it always works.

Back